These easy Air Fryer Roast Potatoes are going to blow your mind! They cook in the air fryer in only 30 minutes which is half the time of the oven! These easy to make air fryer roasties are going to take your Sunday roast or Christmas dinner to the next level.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy!
Why this recipe works
Since learning how to cook my roast potatoes in an air fryer I haven’t gone back to cooking them in the oven. They cook in half the time so they save both time and money. And they come out just as crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside as an oven roasted potato.
I was inspired to create this recipe as my Rosemary Roast Potatoes were so popular over the Christmas period last year. Plus, with the ever rising popularity of the worlds obsession with air fryers, I thought it would be good to get some game-changing recipes out there for you all to try! Starting with this delicious, super simple to make, air fried roast potato recipe!
And if you’re looking for the perfect gravy to pour over these air fryer roast potatoes then check out my Mushroom Gravy.
Ingredients to make air fryer roast potatoes
- Potatoes – I opt for Maris piper potatoes as I feel these work the best for roasting.
- Olive Oil – using olive oil really helps to crisp us the potatoes in the air fryer. It also helps to make these vegan air fryer roast potatoes crispy instead of using goose fat.
- Salt – I’ve used flakey sea salt as we had some at home, however standard sea salt or pink Himalayan would also be perfect to use.
- Rosemary – Add a delicious flavour when infused into these air fryer roast potatoes.
- Garlic Granules – An easy way to add extra flavour to these quick roast potatoes.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Olive Oil – I’ve used olive oil as it can withstand high temperatures. However, an alternative oil could be used such as vegetable oil.
- Salt – as you can see I’ve used flakey sea salt as we had this at home at the time. However, standard sea salt would also work perfectly well.
- Potatoes – If you can’t find Maris pipers then a standard white potatoes will suffice.
- Deluxe – These air fryer roasted potatoes are already at the top of their league. The only way they could be improved once cooked is if you were to top with a large knob of butter, a further sprinkle of salt and some freshly chopped thyme.
- Kid friendly – Most children love potatoes so it’s a win win. If you are cooking with children, then definitely check out my Vegan Mushroom Pasta or my 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies – they’re great recipes to get the children involved in.
How to make air fryer roast potatoes
Step 1: Firstly, peel and chop the potatoes into similar size pieces (this helps them to cook evenly)
Step 2: Add the chopped potatoes into a deep pot of cold salted water along with the rosemary and boil on high for 15-17 minutes.
Step 3: To check the potatoes are cooked, press a knife into the middle of a potato, you want some resistance (not just slide right through). Now drain them in a colander.
Step 4: Add them back to the pot you boiled them in and add in the olive oil, garlic granules, pinch salt and remove the rosemary stalks (pulling off the rosemary leaves as much as possible). Give them a shake in the pot to give the potato rough edges.
Step 5: Now add the potatoes to your air fryer basket and air fryer at 185C for 30 minutes (giver them a little shake half way through cooking).
There is never any leftover roast potatoes in my house… But if you do have some leftover, then store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat just pop back in the air fryer for 5 minutes until crispy again.
If you wanted to make a batch of these and freeze them down then just allow them to cool. Pop into a freezer proof bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Allow to defrost them pop them back in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes until warm through and crispy.
When making air fryer roast potatoes you need to parboil the potato first for 15 minutes to get the soft fluffy inside of the potato that is so crucial for a perfect roastie.
It is much quicker to cook the roast potatoes in the air fryer. It would require almost double the time to cook in the oven for the same crispiness.
Fear not, you can always make these roast potatoes in the oven. Simply pop in the oven for 60 minutes at 200C / 390F.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Air Fryer Roast Potatoes recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Air Fryer Roast Potatoes
- 1 Air fryer
- 1 Knife
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 large pot
- 1 kg potatoes (I use maris pipers)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 rosemary stalks
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Firstly, peel and chop the potatoes into similar size pieces (this helps them to cook evenly)
- Add the chopped potatoes into a deep pot of cold salted water along with the rosemary and boil on high for 15-17 minutes.
- To check the potatoes are cooked, press a knife into the middle of a potato, you want some resistance (not just slide right through). Now drain them in a colander.
- Add them back to the pot you boiled them in and add in the olive oil, garlic granules, pinch salt and remove the rosemary stalks (pulling off the rosemary leaves as much as possible). Give them a shake in the pot to give the potato rough edges.
- Now add the potatoes to your air fryer basket and air fryer at 185C for 30 minutes (giver them a little shake half way through cooking).
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate