Introducing my amazing vegan Smoky Homemade Hummus.
Made with 6 ingredients and ready to eat in only 10 minutes plus it’s gluten-free!
More delicious than shop-bought hummus and cheaper too – you’ll love it so much you’ll never buy hummus again!
Makes plenty to enjoy over a few days – add to salad bowls, dollop on pasta, stir into risottos and of course, use as a dip.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS SMOKY HOMEMADE HUMMUS
Ready in 10 minutes
- Smooth and creamy
Vegan and gluten-free
Using these 6 core ingredients you’ll either have already or can easily get from most supermarkets.
Made with 6 ingredients: canned chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and smoked paprika plus salt and pepper.
- Omit the garlic and add 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- Use ground coriander or cumin instead of the smoked paprika
- Try lime juice instead of the lemon juice
- Choose hot smoked paprika for a spicy flavour or sweet smoked paprika for a milder spice hit
- Instead of extra virgin olive oil use a flavoured herb oil such as rosemary or basil
Simply place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz.
If you don’t have a food processor, use a potato masher to mash all the ingredients together – the hummus will have a coarser texture but be just as tasty!
One of the advantages of making your own gluten-free, vegan hummus is that you can blend it to get just the consistency that you prefer. Add a little water for the smoothest texture.
This quantity makes 10 servings – I always make a large batch as it keeps well in the fridge and can be used in so many ways.
My homemade hummus is so much more than a dip!
Try it spread on crackers, dolloped on toast, added to salads or stirred into pasta, risottos or soup.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS SMOKY HOMEMADE HUMMUS LET ME KNOW!
Serve with my homemade Gluten-Free Naan Breads for a tasty lunch or quick snack.
Perfect dipping partners
- Homemade Naan
- Pitta bread
- Vegetable sticks – carrots, celery, pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Vegetable crisps
To serve, add a dusting of paprika and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Finish with some chopped herbs, if liked, flat-leaf parsley or coriander are my favourites.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Smoky Homemade Hummus
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika (I use hot smoked paprika) plus extra for sprinkling
- salt and pepper
- roughly 1/2 cup (120ml) cold water
- freshly chopped herbs (optional)
- Drain your chickpeas
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to a food processor and whizz on a low setting
- Now, through the tube, slowly pour in enough cold water to obtain the consistency you want (I use roughly 1/2 cup of water)
- Transfer to a bowl, top with smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper and chopped fresh herbs (optional)
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate