Introducing The BEST Gluten-Free & Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake.
It’s my birthday today!! So, I wanted to share a very special cake with you guys – I’ll be celebrating with a slice or two and a cuppa later!
Using just 7 ingredients it will be the easiest, tastiest Free-From Lemon Drizzle you’ve tried.
Plus, it’s totally vegan which means it is dairy-free and egg-free too.
You really HAVE to give this recipe a try!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE:
- 10 minutes prep
Gluten-Free & Vegan
- Refined Sugar Free
- Stores for a few days or freezable
Using these 7 simple ingredients you can get from most supermarkets.
This deliciously moreish, moist cake is almost too good to be true – it’s gluten and refined-sugar free so it’s the perfect celebration cake for my birthday!
The recipe is really simple – just whisk melted coconut oil and coconut sugar together, add some almond milk, lemon zest and juice and stir in the dry ingredients. Job done!
Have a nut allergy?
Ground almonds: Swap for coconut flour or oat flour (blitzed oats)
Almond milk: Swap for another plant-based milk
Carefully pour the cake batter into a lined 900g loaf tin.
Meanwhile, whilst the cake is baking prepare the Lemon Drizzle Sauce – just mix together some coconut sugar, lemon zest and juice – ready in 30 seconds!
Leave the baked cake in the tin for 30 minutes, then carefully use the paper to lift it out. Make some small holes in the top – I used a chopstick but a skewer or small pointed knife will work too, and drizzle over the tangy sauce to guarantee a maximum lemon hit.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS LEMON DRIZZLE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Afterwards, top with a few lemon slices for a finishing touch.
Storage: This will store in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature.
Freezing: Slice and freeze separately, allow to defrost at room temperature for a few hours.
Slice and enjoy the moist lemony sponge with a cup of your favourite tea!
Who would have thought a cake that takes just 10 minutes to make would be SO delicious?! Happy birthday to me!!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Lemon Drizzle Cake (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 100 g coconut oil melted (roughly 7 tbsp)
- 150 g coconut sugar
- 200 ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 lemons (zest of 1 and juice of 2)
- 225 g gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 150 g ground almonds (nut free? check blog post for alternatives)
Lemon Drizzle Sauce
- 1½ lemons (zest of 1 and juice of 1½)
- 30 g coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a 900g loaf tin with baking paper
- Now, in a large mixing bowl add the 100g melted coconut oil and 150g coconut sugar and whisk until smooth
- Add the 200ml almond milk, zest of 1 lemon and juice of 2 lemons and whisk
- Into the bowl sieve 225g gluten-free self raising flour, 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder and 150g ground almonds (some ground almonds won't go through the sieve, just add them into the bowl)
- Mix until it forms a smooth batter and pour into the prepared tin
- Bake in the oven at 180°C fan/gas mark 6 for 35 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the lemon drizzle sauce. In a small bowl, mix the zest of 1 lemon, the juice of 1½ lemons and 30g coconut sugar.
- IMPORTANT Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin, for at least 30 minutes, this helps it to firm up a little more inside
- Once the cake has cooled, in the tin for 30 minutes, carefully lift it out, using the paper. Then, with a chopstick, create holes across the top and pour over the lemon drizzle sauce. Top with lemon slices, if using and slice