Introducing the easiest Broccoli Stir Fry ever! This is ready to go in just 15 minutes and is incredibly versatile. It’s one of those recipes you will have on a weekly rotation.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
This healthy stir fry broccoli will be a total lifesaver for you on those nights when you want something delicious and nourishing, but just don’t have the time. This vegan stir fry goes from chopping board to serving bowl in just 15 minutes, but with absolutely no compromise on flavour!
In addition to being quick and delicious, this broccoli and cashew stir fry is also adaptable, super easy to make, and inexpensive!
Most of the ingredients for this stir fried broccoli are likely already in your kitchen or easily accessible at the local supermarket. What’s amazing about dinners like these is that the fresh ingredients are totally adaptable. For example: Don’t have/like broccoli? Swap for cauliflower.
Don’t have/like pepper? Swap with courgette. Have a nut allergy? Simply leave out the cashews and add more veg in.
If you wanted to boost the protein levels, you could make a broccoli and tofu stir fry or try chicken or prawns.
Ingredients to make Broccoli Stir Fry
- Tamari – is a fabulous gluten-free substitute for typical soy sauce.
- Maple Syrup – is a natural sweetener that gives the perfect hint of sweetness to this stir fry.
- Lime Juice – My preference is to use a fresh lime.
- Red Onion – adds a great colour and flavour to the stir fry.
- Large Garlic Clove – brings a great umami flavour.
- Ginger – gives a little bit of heat to this stir fry.
- Broccoli Head – forms the base of this dish.
- Bell Pepper – This can be any colour. I used red.
- Cashews – are the perfect topper to finish off the flavours and textures of this meal. If you have some spare then try my Cashew Curry.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Tamari – You could use soy sauce or amino acids in place of tamari. You could also try combinations of oyster sauce or sesame oil to play with the flavours.
- Maple Syrup – Honey or agave syrup are always great natural substitutes for maple syrup.
- Vegetables – are easily swapped out in this recipe. Consider cauliflower, courgette, or mushrooms.
- Spicy – To increase the spice in this dish, add some chilli flakes.
- Deluxe – Give this dish a little extra zip with some lime zest along with the juice. You can also add tofu or meat. Top with fresh chilli, coriander, and extra lime juice.
- Kid friendly – Include your kids’ favourite vegetables to increase the likelihood of them eating this delicious stir fry.
For another quick dinner, try my 15 Minute Vegan Pad Thai on this website.
How to make Broccoli Stir Fry
Step 1: Firstly, roughly slice your red onion, garlic, and ginger.
Step 2: Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the tamari, lime juice, maple syrup, onion, garlic and ginger. Fry together for five minutes until the onion softens.
Step 3: While those fry, chop your broccoli head into florets and pepper into strips.
Step 4: Add the remaining ingredients to the wok and cook together for 5-7 minutes, making sure to stir.
Hint: Remember to stir the ingredients in the wok while they are being sauteed to make sure everything cooks evenly.
Store leftover stir fry in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or in a wok.
I like to serve my stir fry over brown rice or gluten free noodles. You could do it over any type of rice or noodles – even carrot rice or zucchini noodles if you wanted to be extra healthy!
This is up to you! My preference is not to boil it before stir frying. If you prefer your broccoli a little more tender, you can boil or steam it first.
It’s important to make sure to continue stirring the vegetables while cooking them. This allows them to cook evenly.
I don’t use oil at all! I use a combination of tamari, maple syrup, and lime juice to fry up my vegetables in a stir fry. It is healthier and incredibly flavourful!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Broccoli Stir Fry recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Broccoli Stir Fry
- ¼ cup tamari (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 juice lime
- 1 red onion roughly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove roughly sliced
- thumb sized piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 large broccoli head chopped into florets
- 1 pepper sliced
- 2 handfuls cashews
- Firstly, roughly slice your red onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat a wok over a medium heat and add the tamari, lime juice, maple syrup, onion, garlic and ginger and fry together for a 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Meanwhile, chop your broccoli head into florets and pepper into strips.
- Now add the broccoli, pepper, cashews to the wok and cook together for 5-7 minutes making sure to stir.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate