Welcoming my delicious and simple BBQ Salmon burger.
Serve in buns with your favourite burger toppings and a selection of salads for a relaxed, easy meal.
Perfect for popping on the barbie but just as delicious pan-fried if the weather isn’t behaving!
These will become your new favourite meat-free burgers.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS BBQ SALMON BURGER:
Ready to eat in 15 minutes
- Made with just 6 ingredients
Cook on the BBQ or hob
Gluten, dairy and egg free
Using just 6 ingredients, you’ll be really surprised at just how easy these delicious fish burgers are to make.
You’ll need salmon fillet, oats, lemon juice, chilli flakes, garlic granules and fresh dill plus salt, freshly ground black pepper and oil.
Or why not try this…
- Use gluten-free breadcrumbs instead of oats
- Omit the garlic and add the finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Swap the dill for flat-leaf parsley
- Make the burgers with cod or haddock fillet instead of salmon
Simply, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the mixture just starts to come together, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, if you need to.
Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into burgers – that’s it, they’re ready to cook!
Either cook now or cover and chill in the fridge for later.
Brush with oil, pop onto a preheated barbecue and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked right through.
Or, if you prefer, cook on the hob, in a non-stick frying pan, for the same cooking time.
I like to use a ridged griddled frying pan to give the classic striped effect but a regular pan would be fine too.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS SALMON BURGER LET ME KNOW!
Serve the burgers in gluten-free buns with your chosen accompaniments – I like salad leaves, fresh herbs, sliced tomatoes and gherkins and a good dollop of egg-free mayo!
While the burgers are cooking why not whip up some of my favourite BBQ side dishes that will go perfectly with your salmon burgers:
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
BBQ Salmon burger
- 500 g salmon fillet skinned
- ½ cup gluten-free oats (or breadcrumbs)
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp garlic granules (or 1 small garlic clove)
- small handful of fresh dill (or flat-leaf parsley)
- large pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for brushing
- burger buns and toppings of your choice, to serve
- Firstly, roughly chop your skinned salmon into cubes and add to a food processor
- Next, add the rest of your ingredients to the food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into burgers
- Brush the burgers on both sides with oil. Cook on a preheated BBQ or in a frying pan, for about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through
- Serve the salmon burgers in buns with your chosen toppings