Introducing the NEW Gluten Free & Vegan Banging Bhaji Burger!
Ram packed full of flavour using 7 easily sourced ingredients and only 15 minutes to make. These will become a firm favourite to make at the weekend.
Perfectly spiced, slightly crispy and full of flavour, trust me you’ll definitely make these more than once!
If you don’t want to deep fry these Bhaji’s then there is a low oil version down the bottom of the recipe card.
What you’re going to love about this Bhaji Burger:
- 15 minutes to make
- Super easy
- Extremely tasty
- Perfectly spiced
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these simple ingredients you can get from any supermarket.
You won’t find an easier Bhaji recipe than this!
It’s as simple as adding all the ingredients to one-bowl, mixing and shaping into burgers ready to fry.
These Bhaji’s are so simple and fun to make, if you have kids definitely get them involved.
Some of you might be thinking what the hell is a Bhaji…
“(Indian cuisine) a small flat cake or ball of vegetables, fried in batter”
You need to try one, they’re incredibly tasty!
IF YOU TRY THESE BANGING BHAJI BURGERS LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
After frying you end up with these delicious, crispy gluten free & vegan Bhaji’s.
However, you could just eat these as they are but trust me, turn them into a burger and it takes them to the next level!
Finally top the burger with my Cooling Vegan Tzatziki and you’re ready to go.
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Banging Bhaji Burger
- 1 Courgette grated
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 75 g gram flour (aka chickpea flour, besan flour)
- 1 juice lime
- 2 tbsp water
- large pinch salt
- 500 ml cooking oil (optional) I use sunflower
- Heat 500ml of cooking oil (I use sunflower) in a small but deep pot (aim for 3 inches deep of oil). You can skip this stage if you want to cook them in less oil (follow step at the bottom) but they won't come out as crunchy.
- Now in a large mixing bowl grate the courgette, add in the sliced onion, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp coriander, 1 tsp chilli flakes, juice of lime, 75g gram flour and 2 tbsp water and mix
- In your hands shape the mix into burger shapes
- Now test the oil is the right temperature by dipping a wooden spoon inside, if it bubbles around the spoon the oil is ready to use
- Carefully place 2 burgers at a time into the oil to fry for around 2 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and place onto kitchen roll and dab off any excess oil
- Place into your burger bun and serve with lettuce. You could always use my Cooling Vegan Tzatziki as a dipping sauce!
Cooking with less oil
- Simply heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the bhajis on either side until golden (note: they won't come out as crispy)
- OR you could try baking these in the oven!