Introducing my Cheesy Vegan Baked Gnocchi.
It’s packed full of flavour, so easy to make and trust me this is a recipe you’re going to totally fall in love with.
I teamed up with my favourite dairy-free cheese brand Violife Foods to create this Baked Gnocchi. This is a sponsored recipe with Violife for Allergy Awareness Week. You can find out where you can buy their products here.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free and refined sugar free so catering to all types of food allergies or dietary requirements.
You’re going to absolutely love this Vegan Baked Gnocchi as it’s:
- Family friendly
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these simple ingredients it’s the best vegan and gluten free Baked Gnocchi you’ll make!
The great thing about recipes like this is they’re so versatile! You could swap the sauce ingredients to use what you like or to use up what you have.
You could even swap the gnocchi for gluten free pasta!
Importantly this homemade tomato sauce is so flavoursome and packs such a strong flavour with so few ingredients.
For this recipe I am using 2 of Violife’s dairy-free cheeses. These are perfect for vegans or those who suffer with a dairy allergy. I have been using them for roughly 3 years now and loving every new product they release.
First dairy free cheese I am using is their Creamy Original Flavour which I find adds that melty look and texture similar of mozzarella!
Secondly using their Prosociano Wedge which is a dairy free version of parmesan.
Finally topping the gluten free Gnocchi sauce with both vegan cheeses before baking in the oven for just 20 minutes.
It comes out the oven all melty and smelling amazing!
IF YOU TRY THIS CHEESY VEGAN BAKED GNOCCHI LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Cheesy Vegan Baked Gnocchi
- 200 g Violife Creamy Original
- 50 g Violife Prosociano Wedge
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 200 g plum tomatoes sliced into quarters
- 3 heaped Tbsp chopped black olives
- 2 heaped Tbsp capers
- 690 g jarred passata
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 500 g gluten free gnocchi
- Preheat your oven to 200C with your oven dish inside
- Firstly make the sauce by adding around 2 tbsp olive oil to a pan with the onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes, olives, capers and a pinch of salt and pepper to cook down for 5 minutes
- Add the passata, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Meanwhile add the gnocchi to a large bowl and cover with boiling water
- Add the spinach, basil, parsley and lemon juice and stir until the spinach has wilted
- Drain the gnocchi and add straight to the tomato sauce and stir
- Pour the Gnocchi sauce into the heated oven dish. Top with the Creamy Violife (sliced) and grated Prosociano and place in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes
Want others ways of using Violife’s alternative cheeses? Try my Ultimate Vegan Moussaka