This gluten free and vegan Sausage Pesto Gnocchi is super tasty! It is very easy to make, uses just 5 ingredients and can be made in under 15 minutes! What’s not to love? Once you’ve tried it, you won’t look back and I can guarantee it will be on a weekly rotation in your house, give it a try!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
This is a is a quick and easy gluten free and vegan dinner recipe to make, perfect for when time is not on your side. Plus I can guarantee it will be loved by all the family!
Whether you’re doing meat-free Mondays or looking for quick and easy midweek dinner ideas then this one is for you!
This recipe was inspired by my Sausage and Sage Gnocchi recipe which is another super tasty vegan recipe, made in one pot and under 15 minutes, however I wanted to take this recipe to the next level and add my secret hero ingredient! Plus this pesto gnocchi recipe pairs really well with my Gluten Free Focaccia!
Ingredients to make Sausage Pesto Gnocchi
- Gnocchi – I use gluten free and vegan which is available at most common supermarkets. However, if you wanted to have a go at making your own gluten free and vegan gnocchi, I’ve created a great recipe using just 2 ingredients – check out my Homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe!
- Sausages – I’ve used vegan sausages which are really tasty, however if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian you could use standard sausages.
- Broccoli – adds some green veg to the Sausage Pesto Gnocchi and pairs really well with pesto. Got any spare then try my Air Fryer Broccoli recipe.
- Pesto – my hero ingredient! Packed full of herbs and garlic for added flavour. I’ve used vegan but standard pesto would also work.
- Peas – a freezer staple! I’ve added these for their subtle crunch which contrasts against the gnocchi.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Gnocchi – if you aren’t a gnocchi fan, then you could use pasta instead.
- Pesto – if pesto isn’t your vibe, then you could substitute this for my amazing creamy red pepper sauce found in Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta recipe.
- Vegetables – If you have spare or other vegetables you would rather use, then this Sausage Pesto Gnocchi recipe would go well with most common vegetables such as mushrooms, green beans or even courgette.
- Sausages – You could swap the sausages for chicken, prawns or tofu.
- Spice – If you wanted to add some spice to this recipe, you could top the Gnocchi with some chilli flakes.
- Deluxe – if you have dinner guests and you wanted to make this Sausage Pesto Gnocchi a little bit extra, I would serve it with a fresh green salad dressed with plenty of lemon. It would also pair really well with my Creamy Courgetti Salad recipe.
- Meat– if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian you could also add some chicken or prawns.
Instructions to make Sausage Pesto Gnocchi
Step 1: Firstly, slice the sausages into pieces and the broccoli into florets
Step 2: Heat a non stick pan with oil and add in the chopped sausages, broccoli and peas and fry together until the sausages start to brown off (approx. 5 minutes)
Step 3: Meanwhile add the gnocchi to salted boiling water until they start to rise (roughly 3 mins)
Step 4: Keep 1/4 cup of the gnocchi water and then drain the gnocchi. Add the 1/4 cup of water and gnocchi to the frying pan along with the pesto, salt & pepper and stir to combine
Step 5: Finally, fry together for 2-3 more minutes until the sausages are cooked through
Leftovers will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. Store left overs in an air tight container. To re-heat, add the Sausage Pesto Gnocchi to a large non-stick frying pan with a little bit of oil and a splash of water over a low heat.
Gnocchi is the fastest kind of pasta to cook. It takes around 3 minutes and you know it’s cooked when it start to float to the surface when boiled.
Absolutely, follow the same process.
Absolutely, use what you have or would prefer.
I used a jarred free-from one to be able to make the recipe in under 15 minutes. I do also have an easy homemade version in my book. For more information on my book, take a look at my cookbook Healthy Living James.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Sausage Pesto Gnocchi recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Sausage Pesto Gnocchi
- Chopping Board
- large non stick frying pan
- 6 sausages I use vegan
- 1 head broccoli
- 70 g frozen peas
- 3 tablespoon pesto I use vegan
- 500 g gnocchi I use gluten free and vegan
- Firstly, slice the sausages and the broccoli into florets
- Heat a non stick pan with oil and add in the chopped sausages, broccoli, peas and fry together until the sausages start to brown off (approx. 5 minutes)
- Meanwhile add the gnocchi to boiling salted water until they start to rise (roughly 3 mins)
- Keep 1/4 cup of the pasta water and then drain the gnocchi and add to the pan along with the pesto and salt and pepper and stir to combine
- Fry together for 2-3 more minutes until the sausages are cooked through
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate