I love pancake day. It is by far one of the best days of the year! I have made these protein pancakes specially for it and they taste absolutely delicious. They are perfect for breakfast or even as a dessert as the process is so quick and simple. Make sure you try them!
Roughly 8 small pancakes for 2 people (4 each)
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10-15 mins
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2/3rd’s cup of GF oats
- 2 tablespoons of protein powder (I use ThatProtein Brown rice & Cacao Super Protein. If you don’t have this then try with 1 tablespoon of protein powder and 1 tablespoon of cacao powder or just 2 tablespoons of cacao powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of buckwheat flour (can always try other GF flours)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- coconut oil
1. Add all the ingredients above (apart from the coconut oil) into a blender and whiz until smooth and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes for the mix to thicken
2. Now heat a large pan with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
3. When the pan is hot pour 3 small portions (from a height, this helps to make the circular) into the pan I aim for roughly 10cm in diameter (shown below)
4. Fry for a couple minutes each side until browned off (use a spatula when turning)
5. Repeat the method above until all pancakes are made
6. I like to top mine off with melted frozen blueberries, cacao nibs and a drizzle of maple syrup
Tip: If you find the mix a little too runny then just let the pancake mix rest for 10 minutes before you fry it, this helps to thicken it.
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .