These 4 ingredient crepes are absolutely delicious. Naturally gluten and wheat free due to using buckwheat flour. Yes buckwheat doesn’t contain gluten or wheat at all as its actually a seed not a grain.
You’ll be pleased to know that there are no eggs or dairy in sight with this recipe as they are also vegan and refined sugar free!
The best bit is that they are really simple to make, all you need is a mixing bowl and a crepe pan. They are my one of my absolute favourite weekend breakfast recipes. But they also work perfectly as a dessert!
Gluten Free & Vegan Crepes
- 125 g buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 340 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- Add all the crepe ingredients above into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth (leave to thicken for a couple mins)
- Heat a non stick pancake pan on med/high with a small amount of coconut oil
- Pour the batter into the pan trying to get a thin even layer by tilting the pan
- Cook for a couple minutes each side until lightly browned (use a spatula to turn making sure to be careful as they are fragile)
Fancy pancakes instead? Try my Fluffy Free From Pancakes instead
Creating these crepes? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!