These 4 ingredient crepes are absolutely delicious. Naturally gluten and wheat free due to using buckwheat flour (yes buckwheat doesn’t contain gluten or wheat). They are also vegan and refined sugar free!
They are so simple to make and work perfectly for a weekend breakfast.
Portion: 4 medium sized crepes
Prep: 3-5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Ingredients for the crepes:
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 340ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
Optional ingredients to top:
- Frozen blueberries
- Coconut yoghurt (I use Coconut Collab)
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Add all the crepe ingredients above into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth (leave to thicken for a couple mins)
- Heat a non stick pancake pan on med/high with a small amount of coconut oil
- Pour the batter into the pan trying to get a thin even layer by tilting the pan
- Cook for a couple minutes each side until lightly browned (use a spatula to turn making sure to be careful as they are fragile)
- Melt the frozen blueberries and place into a bowl, add the coconut yoghurt and stir
- Plate up the crepes, top with the yoghurt and a light drizzle of maple syrup
Tip: These can take a couple practices to get right, but they are AMAZING once you get it right!
Tip: If you don’t have yoghurt then try topping with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Creating these crepes? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .