These 4 ingredient crepes are absolutely delicious. Naturally gluten and wheat free due to using buckwheat flour. They are also vegan and refined sugar free!
They are so simple to make and work perfectly for a weekend breakfast.
Portion: 4 crepes
Prep: 3-5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Ingredients for the crepes:
- 95g buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 260ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
Optional ingredients to top:
- Frozen blueberries
- Coconut yoghurt (I use Coconut Collab)
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Add all the crepe ingredients above into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth (leave to thicken for a couple mins)
- Heat a non stick pancake pan on med/high
- Pour the batter into the pan trying to get an thin even layer by tilting the pan (you can use coconut oil if you wish but I just dry fry them)
- Cook for a couple minutes each side until lightly browned (use a spatula to turn making sure to be careful)
- Melt the frozen blueberries and place into a bowl, add the coconut yoghurt and stir
- Plate up the crepes, top with the yoghurt and a light drizzle of maple syrup
Tip: If you don’t have yoghurt then try topping with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .