It’s honestly the best blender I have ever used. Incredibly powerful and made making these pancakes a breeze. I absolutely loved the cleaning function as for this recipe you use the blender twice, once for the pancake mix and secondly for the apple sauce. It made it so much easier and speeded up the process.
I have to admit that pancakes are one of my favourite weekend breakfasts hence why there are quite a few recipes already on the blog! BUT these autumn applesauce pancakes are now my absolute favourites and I am sure I will be making these most weekends during the autumn and winter!
I think this photo says it all!
You’re going to love them as they’re:
- 5 ingredients
- Gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free
Using these 5 ingredients that you probably already have at home you can make these healthy delicious family friendly pancakes.
This apple sauce is incredibly simple to make using just 3 ingredients, apples, water and cinnamon.
You could use it for so many different recipes such as my 4 Ingredient Gluten Free & Vegan Crepes
It gives these pancakes such an Autumnal feel. Slightly sharp it cuts perfectly through the sweetness from the pancakes. They are a match made in heaven and will transform your breakfast!
I use the KitchenAid blender to make both parts of this recipe. As we aren’t using any flour we need to blend the oats to make an oat flour to which we add the other 2 ingredients to make a simple free-from pancake batter.
Secondly I use the blender to make the apple sauce which only takes about 5 seconds.
If you try these Autumn Applesauce Pancakes let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
I like to top mine with sliced apple when frying the pancakes. It adds extra flavour and crunch when eating them.
As you can see these pancakes remain soft inside which is impressive without using any flour or baking powder. Often they can go very dense and chewy but not these!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Give them a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Autumn Applesauce Pancakes
- 200 g gluten free oats
- 200 ml unsweetened plant-milk I use almond (0.85 cup)
- 1 large banana
- 1 apple sliced
Apple Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 apples peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water (180ml)
- Peel and chop the apple into cubes, place into a pan with 3/4 cup of water and simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes (or until the apple is very soft)
- Meanwhile make the pancakes by adding the gluten free oats to a blender and blend into a flour
- Now add the banana and milk and blend into a smooth batter
- To a pan add coconut oil and pour in a small amount of the batter and top with sliced apple
- Cook on either side for a minute or two
- Once the pancakes are cooked, clean the blender and add the cooked apples along with the cinnamon and blend into a puree (you can add maple syrup at this stage if you prefer a sweet flavour)
- Simply top the pancakes with the sauce and enjoy!