This Crispy Satay Tofu Salad is very simple to make, full of flavour and is very filling. It works really well as a meal prep lunch or even quickly throwing together at lunch time.
If you’re a big fan of peanut butter then this is a perfect savoury salad recipe for you to try.
It is gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and packed full of flavour.
Crispy Satay Tofu Salad
- Handful tenderstem broccoli
- 6 asparagus shoots sliced in halves
- Handful kale
- 200 g firm tofu (drained as per packet instructions)
- 1 Red onion optional
- 1/2 Red chilli optional
- small handful Fresh Coriander optional
Satay Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp tamari
- 4 tsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches of sesame seeds
- Firstly prep the firm tofu as per packet instructions (usually takes around 10 mins)
- Meanwhile prepare the satay sauce by adding all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- Once the tofu is ready, slice 3 nice chunks (each roughly 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick) and marinade in the satay sauce for a few minutes (keep any leftover sauce for topping the salad later)
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil, once hot add the tofu to fry on each side for a couple minutes (Looking for a crispy texture with nice charred lines across but be careful to not overcook it as it will burn)
- Meanwhile lightly steam the broccoli, asparagus and kale (you can fry this in a separate pan if you don’t want to or cant steam)
- Simply add all the veg to a bowl along with the crispy tofu and top with any leftover satay sauce you have along with fresh chilli, onion, and coriander if you wish
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!