This Crispy Satay Tofu Salad is very simple to make, full of flavour and is very filling. It works really well as a meal prep lunch or even quickly throwing together at lunch time.
If you’re a big fan of peanut butter then this is a perfect savoury salad recipe for you to try.
It is gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and packed full of flavour.
Prep: 10 mins (mainly due to draining the tofu)
Cooking: 5 mins
- Handful tenderstem broccoli
- 6 asparagus shoots, sliced in halves
- Handful of kale
- 200g firm tofu, drained as per packet instructions
- Red onion (optional)
- Red chilli (optional)
- Fresh Coriander (optional)
Satay Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp tamari
- 4 tsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches of sesame seeds
- Firstly prep the firm tofu as per packet instructions (usually takes around 10 mins)
- Meanwhile prepare the satay sauce by adding all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- Once the tofu is ready, slice 3 nice chunks (each roughly 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick) and marinade in the satay sauce for a few minutes (keep any leftover sauce for topping the salad later)
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil, once hot add the tofu to fry on each side for a couple minutes (Looking for a crispy texture with nice charred lines across but be careful to not overcook it as it will burn)
- Meanwhile lightly steam the broccoli, asparagus and kale (you can fry this in a separate pan if you don’t want to or cant steam)
- Simply add all the veg to a bowl along with the crispy tofu and top with any leftover satay sauce you have along with fresh chilli, onion, and coriander if you wish
Tip: You could easily use this recipe as a meal prep for lunch at work by prepping 2 portions the night before so you have the next 2 lunches sorted! Just store in a tightly sealed box in the fridge.
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW