Autumn is just days away….. and winter is fast approaching!!!
This incredibly simple one pot vegan mushroom stroganoff will be the perfect dinner to warm you up on the cold evenings that are on their way.
The best part is it only uses these 8 ingredients that you can easily source from any supermarket.
And it costs roughly £6 to create which is only £1.50pp!
The mushrooms in this stroganoff give such a meaty texture.
Using coconut milk instead to create a creamy flavour which keeps it dairy free. It is also nautrally gluten free!
You won’t believe how much flavour this healthy one pot recipe packs with such little time and effort.
I love to serve it with brown rice or brown rice pasta with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley to serve
The perfect dish for when you have had a busy day at work and NEED something that is comforting!
Don’t worry this recipe is also family friendly.
If you try this One Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Here’s a close up to get you drooling even more!
I cooked mine in a shallow casserole dish which helps to disperse the heat compared to a normal pot. A normal casserole dish will take longer to thicken up the sauce.
One Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 kg chestnut mushrooms roughly sliced
- 2 red onions diced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (good quality)
- 2 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large handful fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp Olive/coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Firstly prepare the garlic, onion and mushrooms as per instructions above
- Heat a large shallow pan (this helps to reduce the sauce down faster) with oil adding in the garlic, onion and mushrooms along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. Cook down for 5 minutes, making sure to stir often
- Once the mushrooms are soft add the coconut milk, mustard, paprika and lemon juice and stir well
- Cook on a high heat (this helps the sauce to thicken nicely) for 20-25 minutes or until desired consistency. Keep stirring every 5-10 minutes
- Finally add freshly chopped parsley and stir it into the stroganoff, leaving some to garnish for serving
I like to serve mine with brown rice or brown rice pasta
This will last in the fridge in a sealed container for a couple days or you could freeze leftovers for another day
Love mushrooms? Why not try my vegan mushroom risotto
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!