Introducing the best homemade gluten free & vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Pie EVER!!
When I think of comfort food during Autumn/Winter I immediately think of Pie and Mash.
I have teamed up with FREEE to create exactly that so you can now make your own pies at home. (This is a sponsored recipe)
Perfect gluten free & vegan pastry filled with a delicious “meaty” mushroom stroganoff, trust me these are not to be missed!
What you’re going to love about these Mushroom Stroganoff Pies:
- Perfect Pastry
- Gluten free & Vegan
To help me make the pastry I am using 3 of the FREEE products shown below!
There are 2 key things to a great pie…
- Tasty filling
- Perfect pastry
These definitely tick both of those boxes!
The mushroom stroganoff is the perfect meat-free pie filler alternative.
It’s depth of flavour and “meatiness” are what makes it so comforting.
This homemade gluten free & vegan pastry is actually really simple to make, but can take a little practice to perfect.
It’s as simple as mixing the pastry ingredient together and rolling out into a thin base ready for making the gluten free pies!
This pastry doesn’t need to be blind baked (pre-baked) which makes this recipe faster than usual.
Then it is onto placing the gluten free pastry into pie tins ready for filling. This can be a little fiddly so be careful to not tear it.
Finally ready to place the pastry lid on top before baking in the oven.
IF YOU TRY THESE MUSHROOM STROGANOFF PIES LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
I personally love my pies with mash, gravy and peas as shown below!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Gluten Free Mushroom Stroganoff Pie
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms roughly sliced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice ½ lemon
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil
- Start off by making the stroganoff by preparing the garlic, onion and mushrooms as per instructions above
- Heat a large shallow pan (this helps to reduce the sauce down faster) with oil adding in the garlic, onion and mushrooms along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. Cook down for 5 minutes, making sure to stir often
- Once the mushrooms are soft add the coconut milk, mustard, paprika and lemon juice and stir well
- Cook on a high heat (this helps the sauce to thicken nicely) for 10-15 minutes or until desired consistency. Keep stirring every 5-10 minutes
- Finally once cooked, add freshly chopped parsley and stir it into the stroganoff
- Now add in the stork and trex and with rub with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add in the water one tablespoon at a time until the mix comes together. It should be a little sticky and not dry!
- Roll out between 2 sheets of cling film into a round shape to roughly 2-3mm thick (see picture above)
Making the pie
- Carefully place the pastry into a small pie tin, pressing the base in carefully and then cutting round the edges to re-use any spare
- Place a few spoonfuls of the mushroom stroganoff inside
- Now place more pastry on top, cutting round the edges and then pressing the base and lid together with a fork
- With a knife, make small hole in the lid (in the middle) to allow heat to cook evenly inside
- Glaze the lid with olive oil (optional)
- Place in the oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes
Want another way to use this pastry? Try my Gluten Free & Vegan Quiche