Introducing the easiest Breakfast Banana Bars you’ll ever make!
They’re gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free using only 3 ingredients!
These banana bars are the perfect healthy breakfast for on the go or even as a well balanced snack.
I randomly came up with this recipe a few days ago after asking my nutritionist what snacks to make Luise for her tough mudder.
Bananas are an excellent source of carbohydrates, potassium and vitamin B6, all of which can help boost energy levels.
Oats are a combination of high fibre and complex, slow-digesting carbohydrates. This results in a slow release of sugar into the blood after a meal which provides a sustained supply of energy to the body.
What you’re going to love about these Banana Bars:
- 5 mins prep
- Perfect for on the go
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these 3 simple ingredients you will either already have or can get from any supermarket. (brands featured aren’t sponsored)
You will be so surprised how quick and easy this recipe is.
Firstly you quickly mash the ripe bananas.
Add in the oats, cinnamon and water and mix together.
Finally press into a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes… THAT’S IT!!
You could always add extras into the bars such as blueberries or even chocolate chips.
IF YOU TRY THESE BREAKFAST BANANA BARS LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Breakfast Banana Bars
- 6 ripe bananas
- 400 g gluten free oats (roughly 4 cups)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- To a large mixing bowl add the peeled bananas and mash with a fork
- Now add in the oats, cinnamon and water and mix together
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and pour in the mix. Press down firmly with the back of a fork to compact it into the tin
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200C.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into bars
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out my dedicated breakfast section