It’s time to show you the BEST 5 Ingredient Chocolate Flapjacks!!
These are flapjack squares of total heaven. Using ingredients you’ll have already in your store cupboard.
And the perfect way of using up any ripe bananas you have lying around.
These Chocolate Flapjacks are incredibly easy to make, using one-bowl and ready in 20 minutes.
AND they’re gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free!
Great breakfast bars, dessert or even a healthy snack for on the go
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THESE 5 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE FLAPJACKS
- Child friendly
Freeze for another day
Vegan & Gluten-Free
Using these ingredients you’ll already have in the store cupboard.
And these 5 Ingredient Chocolate Flapjacks couldn’t be easier to make.
Simply mash your ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Add your other 4 ingredients and mix until well combined.
I am using gluten-free rolled oats but you could use porridge oats too.
Don’t have all these ingredients, here are a few swaps for you:
Maple Syrup – swap for honey or agave syrup.
Gluten Free Rolled Oats – Use porridge oats instead or non gluten free if ok for you.
Cacao powder – leave it out and just use chocolate chips.
Chocolate – just leave it out.
If you have kids, this recipe is perfect for them to get stuck in and bake something delicious.
They will totally love making the mix and eating them at the end of course!
Once you have formed your homemade flapjack mixture simply push into a lined square baking tin. I use this 9×9 baking tin
SO IF YOU TRY THESE CHOCOLATE FLAPJACKS LET ME KNOW!
Once baked they come out the oven smelling incredible.
You will want to dig in straight away of course but you NEED to let it cool for 10 minutes outside of the baking tin.
This helps the flapjacks to firm up a little and helps with slicing into squares.
You will still get to eat them nice and warm which is how I prefer them.
You can also freeze these to have on another day.
Simply bake and then make sure they are cold. Cut them into squares and place into Tupperware suitable for freezing.
Defrost naturally or microwave to defrost for on the go.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
5 Ingredient Chocolate Flapjacks
- 4 ripe bananas
- 250 g gluten free oats (both rolled oats or porridge work)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 50 g chopped chocolate (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Firstly mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Now add the 250g oats, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp cacao powder, 50g chopped chocolate and mix until well combined
- Line a square baking tray (I use this 9x9 tin) with baking paper
- Add the flapjack mix to the baking tray and press down with a fork (I aim for about 1cm) depth) make sure to compress down firmly to hold them together
- Place in the pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool outside of the baking tray for 10 minutes before slicing into squares