This Vegan Chocolate Tart is going to blow your mind! It is vegan and gluten free and incredibly simple to make, plus it uses just 6 ingredients. Want to know what the best part is…? It can be prepared in under 10 minutes with minimal preparation. Honestly, its a game-changer and is guaranteed to impress everyone!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy!
Why this recipe works
This vegan tart is one of those desserts that look super fancy but in all honestly, only takes a couple of minutes to put together. Rich, creamy, and decadent, this vegan chocolate torte, is such an easy no bake chocolate dessert that will impress your guests! It’s the best last minute dessert that works for holidays, dinner parties, or even a date night if you’re a chocolate lover who can split an entire tart 😉
Best part? This no-bake dessert is naturally gluten free, is a dairy free chocolate cake, and is of course vegan so you can accommodate multiple dietary restrictions. It’s so irresistible that you’re going to want to lick the dairy free chocolate pudding straight off the mixing spoon!
If you love chocolate as much as me then you need to also check out my Hot Chocolate, Homemade Nutella or my Chocolate coated Gluten Free Doughnuts this guide I put together of my 10 Vegan Chocolate Recipes.
Why Make This Recipe
- Super easy – This is a great dessert to try if you’re a beginner because it is so easy to make.
- Only 10 minutes prep – Have your ingredients prepped and ready to go in 10 minutes or less!
- 6 Ingredients – A short ingredient list is always a top reason to make a dessert. You won’t have any difficulties getting the ingredients for this delicious vegan chocolate tart.
- Decadent – It’s rich, decadent and totally delicious.
- Crowd pleaser – Who doesn’t like chocolate? This dessert is definitely a crowd pleaser.
- Gluten free & Vegan – The crust has no gluten and there is no egg or dairy in the chocolate filling! Even so, it’s as tasty as a regular tart, if not even more tasty!
If you’re looking a puff pastry tart instead then try my Puff Pastry Apple Tart recipe.
Ingredients to make Vegan Chocolate Tart
With only these 6 ingredients you can make the most delicious vegan Chocolate Tart. But if you haven’t got all these ingredients here are a few swap suggestions for you.
- Coconut oil – for another oil such as sunflower or any nut oils.
- Coconut milk fat – try creamed coconut instead.
- Dark chocolate – you can use any chocolate!
- Maple Syrup – agave or if not vegan try honey.
- Ground almonds – if you want this tart nut free swap for desiccated coconut or oat flour.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Tart
Step 1: Heat a pot with 3/4 can of coconut milk until simmering. Take off the heat, add in the chocolate and allow to melt.
Step 2: Now add all the base ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix them together
Step 3: Now press the bass into your tart tin. I use this tart tin which allows you to press out bottom so you can easily take it out after it’s cooled.
Step 4: Finally pour your chocolate mix into the tart tin and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until it firmed up.
Step 5: Once it has set you can top your vegan chocolate tart with whatever you want and it’s ready to show off to your friends/family!
Below are some answers to commonly asked questions for this Vegan Chocolate Tart.
Easy! Swap the ground almonds for desiccated coconut or oat flour.
Not long as it’s so tasty! But say you have some leftover you can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Your tart tin should have a removable bottom. Find an item that is smaller than your tart tin’s bottom such as a small cup with no handles, place the tart on top and gently wiggle the tart tin’s rings of the side and down.
- Want beautiful clean cuts for your chocolate vegan tart? Run your knife under hot water between cuts.
- For a beautiful presentation, top with fresh berries and use flakey sea salts.
- For an even top, after you’ve added the chocolate mix to the tart tin, give it a few short bangs on to your countertops to pop any air bubbles that may have formed and even out the tops.
- If you are worried about your chocolate tart sticking to your tart tin, feel free to grease it with some coconut oil so it can easily slide off.
You can store any leftovers no-bake chocolate tart slices in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you plan on freezing this, be sure it is tightly wrapped and when ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge.
Some of my favourite holiday season recipes to accompany this no bake vegan chocolate tart:
you might also like
Tried this Vegan Chocolate Tart recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Vegan Chocolate Tart
- 300 g ground almonds
- ½ cup cacao powder (55g)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (113g)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 210 g chocolate (I used Ombar coconut)
- ¾ 400ml can coconut milk (full fat) so use 300ml
- Firstly add the coconut milk to a pot over a low heat and warm up. Once warm turn off the heat and add the chocolate, then stir until well combined
- Now make the base by adding all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until combined
- Pour the base into a tart tin and push down until compact (looking for roughly 3mm depth)
- Pour the chocolate into the base, sprinkle salt over the top and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up
- Optional: serve with fresh fruit on top!
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate