These Rice Crispy Cups are absolutely perfect for making over the Easter holidays! They are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free, containing only 4 ingredients and the best part is they are super simple to make. If you have kids they will absolutely love making these.
I topped my Rice Crispy Cups with my NEW Homemade Mini Easter Eggs
You will need cup cake liners for this recipe
Portions: 8-10 cups
Prep: 5-10 mins
Freezing: 20 mins
- 5 heaped tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g cacao powder (roughly 7 tbsp)
- Pinch salt
- 70g puffed rice (In most good supermarkets or health food stores)
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to a Bain Marie and mix together
- Slowly add the cacao powder whisking until you have a smooth mix
- Add a pinch of salt and mix in
- Take off the heat and add the puffed rice and stir until combined
- Spoon out the mix evenly into cup cake liners
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm
TIP: I suggest eating these on the same day otherwise they lose their crunch the longer you store them.
TIP: I used the Vanilla Cashew Cream recipe to drizzle over (cooled in the fridge to thicken up and then used a pipping bag) but this is completely optional and adds more work!
Creating this these Easter Rice Crispy Cups? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW