Bounty Bars were always one of my favourite ever chocolate bars when growing up, although It has been roughly 8 years now since I have had one!!! I am sure it was as favourite for many of you also!
It is one of my dads favourite chocolate bars and as it is his birthday in just 3 days I fancied trying to make my own for him.
These mini bounty bars are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free with only 5 easily sourced ingredients compared to the 12 in the original bar.
They are so simple yet great fun to make so if you have kids then get them to make them, they will absolutely love it!
They will easily last in the fridge for a few days if you haven’t eaten them all by then!!!
Portion: 8 bars
Prep: 15 mins
Cooling: 75 mins (reduced by freezing)
Ingredients for inside:
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (50g)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (50g)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for the chocolate:
- 4 tbsp cacao powder (25g)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add the desiccated coconut and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl and hand whisk, making sure there are no lumps
- Now add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix well
- In your hands, form bar shapes with the mix (this doesn’t need to be perfect, I prefer mine more rustic with random shapes)
- Now place onto a plate and put them into the fridge for 10-15 mins to harden
- When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup over a bain-marie and stir
- Now add the cacao powder and mix in well making sure there are no lumps
- Remove the coconut bars from the fridge and simply dunk into the chocolate mixture, making sure to cover evenly
- Place the bars onto a cooling rack or baking paper and place back into the fridge for 1 hour to harden (you can add to the freezer if you want to speed up the process)
- Just before serving I like to drizzle the leftover chocolate mixture over the top along with some desiccated coconut
Tip: You can always turn them into ball shapes or long chocolate bars, it’s up to you!
Creating these bounty bars? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW.
Get your FREE copy of my eBook “Healthy Everyday Food“. Inside are my 10 top tips to healthy living AND 10 recipes that are all plant-based and free from gluten, wheat, dairy, egg and refined sugar.