These turmeric & ginger energy balls are so simple to make, mega tasty and very nutritious. The sweetness from the dates works perfectly with the small kick from the spices!
Turmeric has been hot on the health press for a while now boasting many health benefits. The health benefits actually come from curcumin which is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Curcumin provides antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and help to prevent cancer.
Ginger has great anti inflammatory properties called gingerols along with creating a soothing effect on the stomach.
They are naturally gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free. The perfect healthy snack to have on the go!
Turmeric & Ginger Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 medium sized dates pitted
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp water
- Place the almonds and walnuts into the processor and blend into crumbs.
- Then tear the dates in half and place into the processor along with the ginger and turmeric.
- Blend again until the dates aren't in visible chunks.
- Add the tablespoon of water and whiz again for 10-15 seconds, this will make the mix sticky.
- Finally roll evenly into balls and they are ready to eat.
Prefer chocolate? How about trying my Raw Cacao & Orange Zest Energy Bars instead?
Creating these Turmeric & Ginger Energy Balls? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!