This Peanut Butter Milkshake is extremely simple, delicious and refreshing PLUS it is ready in minutes using basic ingredients! It can also be made gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
Let’s be honest, milkshakes are welcome in my house all year round! They are especially refreshing in those hot summer months, but a good chocolate peanut butter shake can do wonders for the soul! No need to hit up Shake Shack or Steak n Shake. Get healthier and quicker peanut butter shakes right from your home! If you’ve been looking for a great recipe for peanut butter milkshake, look no further!
This gluten-free and vegan milkshake makes a great way to start the morning. Ready in minutes, this nutritious blend can also be used to give you a sweet and satisfying energy boost throughout the day. Imagine a Reese’s shake that is actually good for you! It can be free of refined sugar and – for a little variety – tastes great made with other nut butters too!
Ingredients to make a Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Unsweetened Milk – I use almond milk.
- Cacao Powder – brings the chocolate flavour to this peanut butter chocolate milkshake.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – can be any type, but I use vegan ice cream.
- Peanut Butter – either crunchy or smooth will work great – choose your preference! If you bought a big tub then also try my Peanut Butter Granola or Peanut Stew recipes.
- Ice Cubes – help with the texture of this dairy free milkshake.
- Salt – is the secret ingredient here, bringing out those sweet flavours!
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Peanut Butter – Other nut butters will also work for this deliciously healthy milkshake. Feel free to mix it up and find your favourite flavour!
- Flavours – Try adding or swapping out fruit or other flavours like banana, strawberry, oreo, or caramel!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – It’s possible to replace the ice cream of 1 to 2 tablespoon maple syrup to replace the sweetness.
- Deluxe – top with some vegan whipped cream and a cherry to top off your delicious peanut butter shake! Or try serving them up with my Peanut Butter Blondies.
- Kid friendly – you can’t get much more kid-friendly than a milkshake! You could crumble some Oreos or Reese’s inside for some extra fun. Also consider topping with whipped cream and sprinkles!
See this Easy Hot Chocolate for the colder months!
How to make a Peanut Butter Milkshake
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 2: Add extra ice cubes to a glass and pour the milkshake in to serve.
Hint: I blend mine for about 30 seconds.
Leftover milkshakes are not the easiest to deal with. The fridge will leave them too liquidy and the freezer too hard. I recommend making just the amount needed!
It depends on how you make them or where you get them from. My recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and refined-sugar free, so it is definitely on the healthier side of milkshakes.
You can make a milkshake thicker by adding more ice cream or adding cream or yogurt.
Absolutely! And I highly recommend it! It is a great flavour, it helps to fill you up, and gives you a nice energy boost!
You can! Swap the milk and ice cream for plant-based milk and vegan ice cream and you are all set! It is just as delicious and creamy, but is great for those with dairy allergies or those who choose to avoid animal products.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Peanut Butter Milkshake recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Peanut Butter Milkshake
- 350 ml unsweetened milk (I use almond)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 scoops vanilla icecream (I use vegan)
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 Small pinch salt
- Simply add all of the ingredients listed into a blender and blend until smooth (roughly 30 seconds)
- Add extra ice cubes to a glass and pour over the milkshake to serve
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate