Get ready for a seriously tasty, family-friendly, one-pot wonder: Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew.
The best thing about this vegan and gluten-free recipe is its comforting and nutty flavours.
And the second best thing? The price: at approximately £5, this dinnertime go-to costs around £1 per person.
Who knew delicious dinners were so easy and cheap to throw together!
Here’s what you’re going to love about this Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew:
- 30 minutes
- Super easy
- £1 pp
- Perfectly spiced
- Gluten free & Vegan
So, all you need are these simple ingredients you can buy from most supermarkets:
What I love about this Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew is that it’s a perfect batch-cooking recipe. Simply freeze in batches and take out on evenings you’re too busy to cook.
Because with our super busy lives and long days, having a freezer full of delicious homemade dinners really is a winner.
The chunky sweet potato and chickpeas give this hearty vegan stew a satisfying bite.
And the delicate spices bring the dish a lovely depth.
But best of all is the peanut butter. Such a simple and cheap ingredient, yet it adds so much delicious richness.
And who can resist the scattered peanuts on top?!
Because this gluten-free Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew is made in one pot, you can forget about mounds of washing up.
And if you don’t eat the lot, you can simply pop the pan in the fridge with the lid on, ready for the next evening.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS PEANUT & SWEET POTATO STEW LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, add a touch of green with fresh spinach or kale, before sprinkling peanuts over the top.
Serve with rice and a wedge of lime, which gives this stew a great kick.
Now to get the family around the table!
And if the little ones like to get involved, simply put the crumbled peanuts in a separate bowl and let them add their own.
Fun, family-friendly and plate-licking yummy.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! GET MORE HEALTHY RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE + RECEIVE A FREE 15 RECIPE EBOOK!
Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 sweet potatoes (roughly 800g)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 400g tinned chickpeas drained
- 4 tbsp peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 200 ml veg stock
- 2 handfuls spinach/kale (optional)
- unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Prep the sweet potato by peeling and chopping into small cubes and slice the onion
- Add oil along with the sliced onion and crushed garlic to a large pot and cook for a minute
- Now add the sweet potato, 1 tsp of turmeric, fennel seeds and coriander and stir until combined
- Add the 2 cans of tomatoes and drained chickpeas, stir in the 4 tbsp peanut butter and finally the 200ml veg stock
- Simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat
- Finally, take off the heat and stir through a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach/kale (optional)
- Top with chopped unsalted peanuts and serve (optional)
If you love stews but not peanut butter then try my Sweet Potato & Black Beans Stew