Get ready to try the most Hearty Potato Stew ever!
Packed full of flavour, veggies and goodness this is going to become one of your go to winter dinner recipes.
Even if you’re not vegan or plant-based but are looking for meat-free Monday or Veganuary recipes then this is definitely one to try!
This recipe is incredibly simple to make, using just one-pot and feeds 5 for just £5! So share this recipe with those that say eating healthy is expensive…..
You can watch how easy this vegan and gluten free stew is to make:
If you’re looking for a quick stew recipe then check out my 15 Minute Chickpea Stew recipe.
You’re going to LOVE this Hearty Potato Stew as it’s:
- Super Easy
- Only £1 pp
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these simple ingredients you can buy from most supermarkets.
Since cutting out meat I personally miss those deep coloured and flavoured beef stews but this one really hits the spot.
The chunky veg gives it such a comforting feel.
The lentils and mushrooms gives it a meaty texture.
And the cacao powder and tamari gives it such a depth in colour and flavour.
One of the best parts about this recipe is there is minimal prep and you simply chuck all the ingredients into one-pot to cook down.
One-pot cooking is some of my favourite dinners to make!
Just look at the depth of colour in this meat-free stew!
It’s such a family friendly comforting dinner recipe to serve up on these cold evenings.
You could totally batch cook this for even cheaper and freeze it down for a healthy “ready meal” to have on those busier days.
So if you try this Hearty Potato Stew let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Finally DON’T FORGET to subscribe to my youtube for more quick and simple step by step recipe videos.
Hearty Potato Stew
- 3 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red onion diced
- 350 g mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 4 carrots chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 500 g baby potatoes sliced into halves
- 1 can green lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 stem of rosemary finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 400g tins tomatoes
- 300 ml veg stock
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- Heat a large pot with olive oil. Add in the garlic, onion, mushrooms and Tamari. Stir and cook down for 5 minutes
- Now add the carrots, celery, potatoes, lentils, rosemary, bay leaves, tomatoes, veg stock and stir
- Add in the cacao powder, stir again until well mixed
- Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 30 minutes
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa and top with fresh parsley (optional)
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate