I created these cookies because….. well who doesn’t love cookies right?!?!
Especially when you add chocolate and peanut butter to them!
These delicious choc chip and peanut butter cookies are naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
Want something to dunk them into? Then try my Christmas Hot Chocolate Recipe
They are so easy to make that even your kids will LOVE it. Here’s a photo of my niece Evie who is enjoying eating one of these cookies. She absolutely loves making them and whenever she sees me now all she says is cookies…. 🙂
Choc Chip & Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 tsbp coconut oil melted, roughly 60g
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup buckwheat flour roughly 150g
- 2 tablespoon smooth/crunchy peanut butter (I use Meridian)
- 2 small pinches Xanthan gum (I use Doves Farm)
- 2 small pinches salt
- 1 handful chocolate drops or crushed choc bars I use Pulsin as they are RSF you could also try crushed up chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Melt the coconut oil and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add the maple syrup and whisk until mixed
- Now add the buckwheat flour, peanut butter, Xanthan gum, salt and mixed together with a whisk
- Add a handful of chocolate drops or crushed chocolate bar and mix again
- Now roll into balls and place on baking paper
- Gently press down with two fingers or a fork
- Place in the oven for 11 minutes
- Take them out of the oven (they should still be quite doughy to touch) and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. This helps to firm the outer part of the cookie whilst keeping it doughy in the middle
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate
Creating these peanut butter cookies? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!