Introducing the easiest Peanut Butter Strawberry Blondies you’ll ever make!
They’re totally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free too.
If you’ve never tried blondies before and see chickpeas as the main ingredient and think… nah that isn’t for me then trust me and give them a go, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
You’re going to absolutely love these Peanut Butter Strawberry Blondies as they’re:
- Very Easy
- Minimal mess
- Gluten free, Vegan & Refined Sugar Free
Using these 7 simple ingredients
Best of all the peanut butter blondie mix is so incredibly easy to make! Simply add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
If you have kids then make sure to get them involved in baking these blondies.
It’s a great way in tricking them to eat more legumes without even knowing it.
Baked with fresh strawberries inside and on top makes this amazing gluten free and vegan blondie perfect for sharing with family and friends.
If you didn’t realise by now I’m the BIGGEST peanut butter fan, so when I thought about adding it to blondies I just had to give it a go immediately. And guess what…. It totally works!
Combining chickpeas and peanut butter adds a decent amount of plant-based protein to these blondies.
But trust me you wouldn’t even notice the chickpeas in this if you didn’t know.
Try giving these to a friend or family member and ask them to guess the key ingredient, unlikely they will think it’s chickpeas.
IF YOU TRY THESE PEANUT BUTTER STRAWBERRY BLONDIES LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Here is a close up of the gooey texture you get inside!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Peanut Butter Strawberry Blondies
- 2 400g cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 50 g buckwheat flour (⅓ rd cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60 ml vegan milk (¼ cup) I use almond
- 150 g strawberries, chopped (optional or can swap for other fruit, nuts or chocolate)
- Firstly pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a food processor
- Now add the peanut butter, maple, buckwheat flour, baking powder, milk and a pinch of salt and blend making sure to push down the edges to make a smooth mix. This can take a couple minutes
- Line a baking tin (I use a 9"by 9" square) with baking paper and spoon in half the mix pushing in some chopped strawberries.
- Pour in the rest of the mix and smooth over the top and finally top with extra strawberries
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C (this can vary depending on how thick you make them, mine are roughly 1 inch thick)
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes and then slice into squares
Love peanut butter? Try my Peanut Butter & Chickpea Curry