Yep you read that right… gluten free & vegan doughnuts that you can make yourself at home with just 5 ingredients! And they’re far healthier than any shop bought doughnuts.
You’re going to absolutely LOVE these! They are:
- Perfectly sweet
- Family friendly
- Free From Gluten, dairy, egg & refined sugar
The best part is they’re so simple to make using these 5 ingredients that you can get from most supermarkets.
You won’t believe how easy these are to make. Only 4 ingredients go into this tasty gluten, dairy and egg free batter.
This batter is very versatile for using in other recipes such as muffins etc
I like to use silicon doughnut moulds as they’re easy to get the doughnuts out of and really quick to clean!
Now onto the really fun part, adding the vegan homemade chocolate sauce!
This dairy free chocolate sauce contains only 3 ingredients and can be used for so many different recipes.
If you have kids then definitely get them to make these doughnuts for you. They will have so much fun and you get to eat them…. that’s a win win!!!
If you try these gluten free & vegan doughnuts let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Incredibly light and fluffy inside and totally look the part if you’re tying to impress family or friends.
These are by far the best free from doughnuts I have tried and they’re even refined sugar free too which is very rare! Are you drooling yet?
All you need to do is decide which topping you want to go for. The choices are endless!
I persoanlly love crushed pistachios for texture and colour or desiccated coconut.
Now it’s your turn to give them a try!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
5 Ingredient Gluten Free & Vegan Doughnuts
- 200 g gluten free self raising flour (I use doves farm)
- 120 ml almond milk other plant-based milks will work
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- Pre heat your oven to 180C
- In a large mixing bowl add the gluten free flour, 4 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil and the milk and mix well into a smooth batter
- Grease your doughnut mould with coconut oil and add the batter into each mould making sure to smooth over the top
- Add to the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending how hot your oven runs)
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate topping. To a Bain Marie add 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup and then slowly stir in 2 or 3 tbsp cacao powder until desired consistency
- Finally dunk the doughnuts into the chocolate sauce and place on a drying rack. You can now top with whatever you want. Leave to lightly set for 10-15 minutes
I got the inspiration for this batter from my Fluffy Free From Pancakes, if you haven’t tried them yet then DO IT!!!