Trust me this is the Best Free-From Banana Bread you will make!
It has become one of the most popular recipes I have ever made.
It’s so moist, easy to make and full of flavour that you’ll want to keep making it.
I have actually been giving this bread to friends who aren’t gluten free or vegan and they have absolutely LOVED it and said they wouldn’t even know it was free-from.
Did you know that roughly 1.4 million bananas are chucked away each day in the U.K alone!!! There is no need to chuck away ripe bananas. This is the PERFECT recipe for using up those ripe bananas.
You’re going to LOVE this Banana Bread as it’s:
- Incredibly easy
- 5 mins of prep
- Perfectly sweet
- Family friendly
- Free From Gluten, dairy, egg & refined sugar
Using just these 7 ingredients you can buy from most supermarkets.
This Banana Bread is incredibly easy to make using just 1 bowl to make the mix that is gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free!
If you’re someone that is trying out Veganuary recipes and is used to using eggs when baking then you definitely need to try this recipe.
And with just 5 minutes of prep you can have this Banana Bread in the oven. It’s that simple to make!
Have kids? Get them to make this for you, they’ll absolutely love it.
After 35-40 minutes in the oven it comes out looking like heaven in a bread tin. It’s important to resist the urge to eat it all straight away though!
The mix of gluten free flour means it can still be too moist in the middle. Allow it to cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
Bonus! I think this bread tastes even better the next day, that’s if you manage to not eat it all straight away.
If you try this Free-From Banana Bread let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
And if you’re a big chocolate fan, you can try swapping out the pecans for chocolate just like I did below!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
DON’T FORGET to subscribe to my youtube for more quick and simple step by step recipe videos.
The Best Free-From Banana Bread
- 5 ripe bananas
- 150 g gluten free self raising flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 100 ml unsweetened plant-milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g pecans or vegan chocolate, crushed optional (could swap for walnuts)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- To a large mixing bowl add 4 ripe bananas and mash with a fork
- Now add the flour, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and baking powder and mix
- Add around 3/4 of the crushed pecans and mix again
- Pour the mix into a lined bread baking tin. I use a small/short tin as normal can be too long which impacts how high it will rise. (I grease the baking paper with coconut oil just to help the non stick). Slice a banana down the middle and push into the mix and top with leftover pecans
- Place in the oven at 200C for 35-40 minutes
- IMPORTANT: Allow it to cool for 15-20 before slicing this helps it to firm up.
Looking for other ways to use up bananas then try my 4 ingredient Banana Pancakes