This comforting Banana Bread & Butter Pudding is a total winner.
Because it’s free-from, this crowd-pleasing dessert is gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free, and uses just 6 simple ingredients.
I have teamed up with Love Food Hate Waste to help you reduce food waste with their #flungtogetherfood campaign (This is a sponsored recipe)
And you’ll be pleased to know it’s almost as quick to make as it is to eat…
So here’s what you’re going to love about this free-from Banana Bread & Butter Pudding:
- Super easy
- 6 ingredients
- 30 minutes
- Totally comforting
- Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free
You’ll just need these 6 ingredients that you are more than likely to have in the kitchen already:
Did you know that 920,000 bananas and 20,000,000 slices of bread are chucked away each day in the UK alone!
But this delicious Bread & Butter Pudding uses up those old bananas lying at the bottom of your fruit bowl.
And because stale bread works better, it uses up loaves that would otherwise be wasted.
Avoiding food waste has never been tastier!
Their campaign is all about “Eat What You Buy” they have some brilliant tips and tricks on their Spoiled Rotten page to help you reduce your food waste.
The great thing about this free-from pud? You can chuck in whatever you fancy.
So if you have nuts, dried fruit or even chocolate in the cupboards, they can join the party!
If you’ve got kids, get them involved in the blending. It’s always fun to watch the soaked cashews, dairy-free milk, cinnamon and bananas whizz up.
And the next step is super simple: simply butter both sides of the bread. Don’t be shy to slather – remember this is comfort food!
This recipe is so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it before. It’s gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free, but tastes just as good as the original.
Now to chuck in the extras. This is your opportunity to go mad. Cranberries and chocolate chunks add a lovely sweet and sharp hit.
And if you think it looks good now, wait until you get it out the oven…
Golden, crispy around the edges and oozing flavour, this Banana Bread & Butter Pudding won’t last long.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Check out those chunky chocolate melts. Pure pudding heaven…
So why not give them a try? I’d love to hear what you think.
And if you add a different extra ingredient that works, let me know!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Banana Bread & Butter Pudding
- 50 g cashews soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300 ml dairy-free milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 slices bread (slightly stale is better)
- vegan butter
- Firstly soak your cashews in hot water for 5 minutes and pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Drain the cashews, add to a blender along with 2 peeled ripe bananas, 300ml dairy-free milk, 1 tbsp cinnamon and blend until smooth
- Meanwhile butter both sides of your stale bread and slice into halves
- Now pour half the banana mix into a baking dish
- Place your bread into the mix (see above photos for how I place mine)
- Pour over the rest of the mix and add in any of the extras you have lying around
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes
Want other ways to use up Bananas? Why not try my popular The Best Free-From Banana Bread