Say hello to these incredible 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies! Super easy to make using 3 ingredients that you’ll already have in the house. Plus they are ready within 25 minutes and totally gluten-free and vegan!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy!
Why this recipe works
These 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies are going to be a crowd pleaser your family will love! They are totally gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and naturally sweetened with the bananas. They are incredible versatile and perfect for a dessert, an on the go snack or even a quick and healthy breakfast!
As my Breakfast Banana Bars were so popular, I was inspired to create another quick and easy recipe, but in a cookie shape. I love peanut butter and it is a firm favourite in our household. If you like peanut butter too, I can guarantee you will love these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies, give them a try!
Oh and if you have kids, these cookies are child friendly and they totally love making them too! They will also love my 3 ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes recipe.
Ingredients to make Oat Cookies
- Ripe bananas – the riper the banana the better! This is because they mash and become softer more easily!
- Peanut butter – the hero ingredient! I love the texture that crunchy peanut butter offers to these oat cookies, however smooth peanut butter would also work.
- Gluten-free oats – I have used gluten free oats as I am gluten free. However, standard rolled or porridge oats would also work perfectly well in these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies. If you have some oats spare then try my Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Bananas – If you don’t like bananas or have an allergy to them, you could try substituting them for apple sauce instead.
- Peanut butter – If you have an allergy to peanuts or don’t have any in the cupboard you could substitute this for another nut butter such as almond butter. Alternatively, these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies would also work if you were to use tahini as well.
- Oats – Oats in this recipe could be substituted for buckwheat flakes. I have used gluten free oats as I am gluten free, but standard rolled oats or porridge oats would also work.
- Kid-friendly – If you have kids these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies are the perfect baking recipe for them to make either on their own or with your guidance. This is because they’re so quick, simple and tasty they will absolutely love getting involved.
- Deluxe – As I mentioned earlier, these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies could also be used as a quick and easy dessert. If you have dinner guests or wanted to make them appear more deluxe, you could serve them warm with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream or add chocolate chunks in them like my 5 Ingredient Chocolate Flapjacks
- Peanut Butter – these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies are so versatile and can be adapted in so many different ways. If you love peanut butter like me, then definitely check out my 3 ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls recipe.
How to make Oat Cookies
Step 1: Firstly, preheat your oven until 180C/360F. Then mash ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Then add in your gluten-free oats and peanut butter.
Step 3: Mix together until it’s sticky and well combined.
Step 4: Finally, with your hands, roll into 6 ball shapes and place them onto a lined baking tray. Press the balls down with a fork into cookie shapes. Place into the oven at 180C / 360F for 20 minutes. Allow to cook for 10 minutes before tucking in!
Allow these 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies to cool and store in an air tight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze these to have on another day. Simply bake and then make sure they are cold before placing into an air tight container. Defrost naturally or microwave to defrost for on the go.
Yes, definitely! Simply bake and then allow them to cool before placing in an air tight container in the freezer.
Yes, any nut butter would work in this recipe. If you have an allergy to nuts, you could also try tahini.
Allow the cookies for cool for approximately 10 minutes before tucking in, this allows them to firm up.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
3 Ingredient Oat Cookies
- large mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Non-stick baking paper
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 125 g gluten free oats (rolled or porridge both work) (1 ½ cups)
- 65 g peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (¼ cup)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (fan oven)
- To a large mixing bowl add the 2 peeled bananas and mash with a fork
- Now add the 125g gluten-free oats and 65g peanut butter and mix together
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and roll into 6 balls placing onto the baking tray
- Lightly press down with a fork into cookie shapes and place in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating this helps them to firm up more!
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate