If you haven’t tried Protein Overnight Oats, this is your sign! An incredible 5-ingredient breakfast recipe that is also super easy to make and filling! It’s also gluten-free and vegan and ready in minutes. Yum!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
Overnight Protein Oats are absolutely fantastic for prepping the night before a busy morning. Since they last for 5 days in the fridge, it’s a great way to get your whole work week full of mornings prepped! And they’re great for kids, so get some overnight oats jars ready for everyone!
This overnight oatmeal is healthy and delicious! It is super easy to mix up this recipe and its toppings so you don’t get bored with the same old thing. Use these overnight oats with yogurt to mix up your morning coffee routine!
They also keep you full until lunch!
Ingredients to make Protein Overnight Oats
- Gluten Free Porridge Oats – absorb everything perfectly! In the US, these will just be your standard old-fashioned or rolled oats. If you have any spare try making my Oat Crumble Topping.
- Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder – adds a delicious flavour plus protein to this healthy overnight oats recipe.
- Chia Seeds – thicken up the texture of these protein oats and add even more health benefits! If you have some spare you can make a chia egg with them to make my Gluten Free Waffles.
- Coconut Yoghurt – brings the perfect compliment of flavour to the chocolate protein powder.
- Dairy Free Milk – helps these high protein overnight oats get to their perfect consistency.
Toppings of Choice:
- Sliced banana, yoghurt mixed with cacao powder, and dark chocolate chips
- Mashed raspberries and almond butter
- Blueberries, coconut yoghurt, and lemon zest
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Vegan Chocolate Protein Powders – Play around with other flavours here! Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder or vanilla would be great!
- Coconut Yoghurt – Greek yogurt or regular yoghurts will also work if you aren’t vegan. Find fun combinations between your protein powder and yoghurt flavours!
- Deluxe – Making overnight oats with milk deluxe is all about the toppings! I have some suggestions in the ingredients list, but the sky is the limit! Bring in your favourite fruits and flavours.
- Kid friendly – Top with your child’s favourite fruits for a great healthy breakfast!
For oats in a different form, try my 3 Ingredient Oat Cookies recipe on my website.
How to make Protein Overnight Oats
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Put the mixture into a jar or other airtight container and place in the fridge overnight.
Step 3: Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Hint: Try mixing up the protein powder and yoghurt flavours as well as your toppings to experience a different taste to your vegan overnight oats every time!
Leftover chocolate overnight oats will keep in the fridge for up to five days. Keep them in a sealed container and stir before enjoying!
I love to add some chocolate protein powder to mine, but vanilla protein or your favourite protein flavour would also be great. If you really want to get crazy, go for an Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Roll, Salted Caramel, Banana Cream Pie, or Strawberry Banana overnight oats recipe.
5 days! So you can prepare these healthy overnight oats for the whole week in advance so you can grab them on the go on a busy morning.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Protein Overnight Oats recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Protein Overnight Oats
- 60 g gluten free porridge oats
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 250 ml coconut yoghurt
- 320 ml dairy free milk
Toppings of choice:
– Sliced banana + yoghurt mixed with cacao powder + dark chocolate chips
– Mashed raspberries + almond butter
– Blueberries + coconut yoghurt + lemon zest
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Put the mixture into a jar or Tupperware and place in the fridge overnight.
- Before eating the next morning, add your toppings of choice. See ideas above.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate