Really simple 6 ingredient cacao protein waffles which are perfect for a weekend breakfast treat or even as a dessert.
Give them a try and let me know what you think 🙂
You will need a waffle machine for this!
Portion: 5-6 waffles
Prep: 7 mins
Cooking: 15-20 mins (depends how good your waffle machine is)
- 1 chia egg (1 tbls chia seeds to 3 tbls water)
- 2 tbls protein or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g buckwheat flour (1 cup)
- 2-3 tbls maple syrup (depending if your protein powder is sweetened, if using cacao then use 3)
- 300ml cups unsweetened almond milk (1 1/4 cup)
- coconut oil for greasing
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds into a large mixing bowl and cover with 3 tablespoons water. Allow to soak for 5-6 minutes (until an egg like texture)
- Pre-heat your waffle machine
- Add the protein/cacao powder, cinnamon, buckwheat flour, maple syrup, almond milk and mix thoroughly
- Lightly coat the waffle machine with coconut oil to help prevent the waffles from sticking too much
- Pour the mixture evenly into the waffle maker
- Cook as you wish (I personally like to cook without putting down the lid for the first couple minutes)
Tip: Try stacking them and adding fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup on top
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW.