Introducing Crispy Rice Paper Bacon!
Now you’re probably thinking…. What….. How?!?!
I have created a vegan bacon alternative that can be used in so many different ways such as for breakfast, in sandwiches or for mixing into my Creamy Cashew Carbonara.
It’s totally gluten free & plant-based using just a handful of simple ingredients.
Get ready to have your mind blown!
You’re going to absolutely love this plant-based bacon as it’s:
- Extremely Easy
- 5 Ingredients
- Ready in 15 mins
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these 5 simple ingredients.
The sauce for coating the rice paper strips is so easy to make ready in about 1 minute and only needing just 4 ingredients!
The flavours this vegan bacon sauce packs is incredible.
It’s smokiness from the smoked paprika.
Sweetness coming from the maple syrup.
Finally that umami salty hit coming from the tamari.
This recipe is so incredibly quick and easy to make it a must try!
Rice paper is perfect for this recipe as it’s naturally gluten free and both soaks up the sauce but also goes crispy once baked.
You could always swap the rice paper for long thin strips of aubergine or courgette.
Finally after just 4-5 minutes in the oven it comes out all crispy and smelling incredible.
IF YOU TRY THIS CRISPY RICE PAPER BACON LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Here are a few ways to enjoy this vegan & gluten free bacon:
- Breakfast with toast and vegan eggs
- Sandwiches (Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato)
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Crispy Rice Paper Bacon
- 4 sheets rice paper cut into long stripes
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pre heat your oven to 200C with a large oven tray lined with baking paper inside
- With scissors cut the rice paper into long strips
- Prepare the sauce by adding all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- Remove your oven tray from the oven
- Now dip each rice paper strip into the sauce and place onto the baking tray, making sure to leave a little space between each
- Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes, keep an eye on them to stop it from burning (you are looking for a lightly crispy texture)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a minute before serving
Try it with my Creamy Cashew Carbonara