Introducing these heavenly No-Meat Balls!
These gluten free and vegan meatballs are so comforting AND simple to make.
They obviously go really well with pasta but they are also amazing on salads, in wraps/sandwiches or even served with rice/quinoa.
You can watch how easy these vegan and gluten free meatballs are to make:
You’re going to LOVE these No-Meat Balls as they’re:
- Super Easy
- Gluten free & Vegan
- Can be used in different dishes
Using these simple ingredients you can buy from most supermarkets.
I have even included a really simple and tasty homemade vegan tomato sauce.
There is something about meatballs and tomato sauce that just works so well.
These No-Meat Balls are perfect for those following a plant-based or gluten free diet but if not then these are also something amazing to try for your meat-free monday!
Trust me if you serve a batch of these vegan meatballs up for your meat eating friends they’re totally going to love them.
This recipe serves around 16 meatballs so save some for your meal-prep lunches.
They are little plant-based powerhouses packed full of protein and fibre from the beans and lentils.
Are you ready to try out the best gluten free and vegan meatballs you’ve ever tasted?
SO IF YOU TRY THESE NO-MEAT BALLS LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Finally DON’T FORGET to subscribe to my youtube for more quick and simple step by step recipe videos.
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 400g can green lentils drained & rinsed
- 1 400g can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp tamari (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup ground almonds (roughly 100g)
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 200 g plum tomatoes sliced into quarters
- 1 tsp miso paste (optional)
- 500 g passata
- 1/2 juice lemon
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- handful fresh basil chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Firstly add the olive oil, garlic, red onion to cook down for a couple minutes
- Then add the black beans, lentils, coriander, paprika, tamari and stir. Cook these together for 5 minutes
- Now pour the cooked beans into a food processor along with the tomato puree and ground almonds. Blend until smooth (you may need to scrape down the edges of the food processor a couple times)
- Now with your hands shape into balls, you should roughly get 16 or so
- Add oil to a pan and fry until turning crispy or place in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil for 20 minutes at 200C
- Meanwhile in a separate pan for the sauce add the garlic, onion, tomatoes and cook down until the tomatoes have softened.
- Now add the miso paste, passata, lemon juice, parsley, basil and spinach and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Place your pasta on boil whilst the sauce is simmering.
- Finally add the balls to the sauce and simple serve on top of your pasta
LOVE pasta? Then check out my Warming Free-From Pasta!