This is truly one of my absolute favourite pasta recipes, it’s super quick and simple to make and has a comforting kick to it.
It is also gluten free and vegan so perfect for those who are free-from and looking for a healthy pasta sauce.
You honestly can’t beat a homemade pasta sauce made from scratch.
Trust me this recipe will make you never want to buy a jarred pasta sauce again!
It’s THE perfect dish for an autumn or winter evening for the whole family to enjoy!
If you try this Warming Free-From Pasta recipe then let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames .
I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Warming Free-From Pasta
- 150 grams of brown rice pasta/spaghetti (I use Doves Farm)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 plum tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 small bag baby spinach leaves
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the pasta in boiling water and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper into a pan on medium heat until the garlic is bubbling.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and allow these to cook for 3-5 minutes until they have browned off a little and softened.
- Next add the chilli flakes, paprika, tomato puree, miso paste and pinch of salt and pepper and stir these until mixed together at which point add in the spinach and half the basil leaves allowing them to wilt down.
- Once the pasta is cooked lightly drain and add straight into the pan.
- Now stir in the lemon juice and its ready to serve, finish by adding the left over fresh basil leaves.