Introducing my delicious 15 minute Creamy Mushroom Pasta – the perfect midweek supper!
Trust me, this vegan pasta sauce is going to transform your pasta dinners and take them to the next level.
It’s creamy and packed full of flavour plus it’s dairy-free and gluten-free.
With only 8 simple ingredients, great food doesn’t come much easier than this!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA:
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Vegan and gluten-free
Using these 8 ingredients that are available from major supermarkets.
This delicious mushroom pasta is made with just 8 ingredients (plus olive oil and seasoning) and takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook – ideal as an after-work dinner.
The sauce is so creamy, it’s really hard to believe it’s dairy-free!
Any mushrooms work well – make it with just one type or try with a mixture of chestnut, button, oyster and shiitake.
Firstly, roughly chop and fry for about 5 minutes until softened.
The creamy dairy-free and egg-free sauce is made with cashew nuts! They’re soaked in warm water and then blended with almond milk (or other dairy-free milk) to give an amazingly smooth sauce.
Try these swaps in the sauce:
Replace dried sage with dried thyme
Swap Dijon for English mustard (make sure it’s gluten-free)
Sprinkle in smoked paprika instead of paprika
Add the velvety vegan sauce to the mushrooms and heat through for a couple of minutes.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
You can use any gluten-free pasta in this quick 15 minute vegan dinner recipe.
Try long pasta like spaghetti, linguine or pasta shapes such as fusilli, rigatoni or penne.
Add a sprinkling of chopped fresh herbs, if you like, just before serving – flat-leaf parsley, coriander, basil or chives all work well.
That’s it – a super speedy vegan supper on the table in 15 minutes! Enjoy!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 100 g cashews soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 250 g gluten-free pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (250ml) or other non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh herbs, to serve (optional)
- Place your 100g cashews into a bowl and pour over enough hot water to cover. Set aside to soak
- Now cook your 250g pasta according to the packet instructions
- Next heat the 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and roughly chop your mushrooms, adding them into the pan as you go, fry for 5 minutes until they soften and brown
- Meanwhile drain your cashews and add them to a blender along with 1 tbsp dried sage, ½ tsp paprika, 1 cup (250ml) milk, ½ tsp Dijon mustard (optional), squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Pour your sauce into the frying pan with the mushrooms, stir and heat through for 1-2 minutes (no longer, as the sauce thickens quickly)
- Finally drain your pasta and add it to the frying pan. Stir the pasta and sauce together, top with fresh herbs (optional) and season to taste with salt and pepper