These Mushroom & Coriander Burgers are extremely simple and quick to make using just 5 healthy, easily sourced and natural ingredients.
They are the perfect weekday or weekend dinner recipe that are family friendly, even the kids will love these.
The best gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free veggie burgers you will try.
If you’re not one to like eating buns then don’t worry they even taste great without the bun or for topping salads!
Best of all these mushroom burgers are so cheap to make costing a total of around £2-£2.50 for 4-6 patties!
You will need a food processor for this recipe.
P.S if you don’t like coriander then just swap it for fresh parsley or basil!!!
Are you drooling yet? My garlic cashew mayo is a must try with these burgers
Here is how to make these quick and delicious burgers.
Mushroom & Coriander Burgers
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 120 g chickpeas 1/2 can
- handful fresh coriander (or basil/parsley)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour aka gram flour roughly 60g (you can use other flour if you wish)
- pinch salt & pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the mushrooms into quarters to help out your food processor
- Add the chopped mushrooms to your food processor along with the 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend for around 15 seconds making sure to stop and scrap down the sides so the mix is consistent
- Now add the drained chickpeas, fresh coriander and flour and blend again for a further 10-15 seconds
- Shape the mix into burgers (don’t worry if the mix feels too wet that is fine!)
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil, once the pan is smoking hot add the burgers and fry each side for 2-3 minutes before placing in the oven for 15 mins at 200C
- Your burgers are now ready to serve
Creating this burger? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!