These Mushroom & Coriander Burgers are extremely simple and quick to make using just 5 healthy, easily sourced and natural ingredients. They are also gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!
These are so cheap to make costing a total of around £2-£2.50 for 4-6 patties and they taste great without the bun or for topping salads!
You will need a food processor for this recipe!
P.S if you don’t like coriander then just swap it for fresh parsley or basil!!!
Portion 4-6 burgers
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 120g chickpeas (1/2 can)
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (aka gram flour) roughly 60g (you can use other flour if you wish)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the mushrooms into quarters to help out your food processor
- Add the chopped mushrooms to your food processor along with the 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend for around 15 seconds making sure to stop and scrap down the sides so the mix is consistent
- Now add the drained chickpeas, fresh coriander and flour and blend again for a further 10-15 seconds
- Shape the mix into burgers (don’t worry if the mix feels too wet that is fine!)
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil, once the pan is smoking hot add the burgers and fry each side for 2-3 minutes before placing in the oven for 15 mins at 200C
- Your burgers are now ready to serve
Tip: Try topping the burger with my vegan garlic cashew mayo, fresh coriander, lettuce and tomatoes!
Tip: If you fancy having it spicy then try adding some of your favourite spices to the mix!
Creating this burger? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW