Quick & simple Mighty Mushrooms fried in garlic and sage packing so much flavour.
They are the perfect topping for your toast whether it be for breakfast, brunch or even as a lunch.
Creating this Mighty Mushrooms on Toast? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
Mighty Mushrooms on Toast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4-5 chestnut mushrooms roughly sliced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1 avocado peeled and mashed
- 1/2 Juice of lime
- pinch Chilli flakes
- Heat a small pan with olive oil along with crushed garlic until sizzling
- Meanwhile roughly slice the mushrooms adding them to the pan
- Add the dried sage and a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for roughly 5 minutes, making sure to stir
- Place your toast into a toaster or onto a griddle pan (which I prefer to get charr lines)
- Optional: Peel an avocado and add to a bowl along the juice of 1/2 a lime with a pinch of chilli flakes and mash with a fork
- Top the toast with the smashed avocado followed by the mighty mushrooms.