Introducing these delicious crunchy Olive Smashed Potatoes.
I have teamed up with Crespo to share a tasty way of using their green pitted olives this Christmas. (This is a sponsored recipe)
These potatoes are incredibly simple to make with just a handful of ingredients.
The perfect side to share with family/friends over the Christmas holidays!
What you’re going to love about these Smashed Potatoes:
- 5 ingredients
- Perfect for sharing
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using these 5 simple ingredients!
I used these Crespo green pitted olives for this recipe.
Having them ready in the jar pitted helps to speed up and reduce any hassle with the recipe!
You can even have a little olive snack whilst the potatoes are baking in the oven.
Rubbing the potatoes with rosemary helps to increase flavour when baking and gives them a Christmassy feel.
But this is totally optional. You can easily swap for Thyme if you prefer.
Onto the most satisfying bit which is smashing the baby potatoes after they have baked.
With a fork, lightly press down on the potatoes until they split.
This is when you add your Crespo Olives along with a little of the olive brine juice from the olive jar.
This helps to add even more of a salty flavour into the potatoes!
IF YOU TRY THESE OLIVE SMASHED POTATOES LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Above all, just look how crunchy, golden and delicious these Christmas olive potatoes look.
Olives and Christmas dinner aren’t really what you’d associate but this recipe totally works.
As a result the olives totally transform this recipe into a straight 10/10.
Finally, serve these up in the middle of the table over the Christmas holidays and you’ll be the star of the show!
Olive Smashed Potatoes
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- To a baking dish add the baby potatoes and garlic cloves plus a drizzle olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and shake
- Now rub the potatoes with the fresh rosemary (optional)
- Place in the oven at 200C for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven, lightly press the potatoes with a fork until they split
- Now add the Crespo Green Pitted Olives along with a drizzle of the olive brine juice directly onto the potatoes and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven, top with a sprinkle of salt and fresh rosemary and serve
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!