These Spicy Potato & Quinoa Cakes are the perfect summery addition to your lunch or dinner. This recipe even comes with a refreshing Coconut Yoghurt dipping sauce that goes so well with these potato cakes.
These are made without any flour and are gluten free and vegan.
Spicy Potato & Quinoa Cakes
- 850 g white potatoes chopped into cubes and boiled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- 1 squeeze fresh lime
- 1 Handful chopped coriander
- 100 g precooked quinoa
- Salt & pepper
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt I like to use a runny one
- 1/2 fresh chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Juice fresh lime
- Small handful fresh coriander chopped
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the potatoes (no peeling needed) into cubes and place in boiling water with a couple pinches of salt for 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile finely chop the red onion
- Heat a small pan with the olive oil, crushed garlic and red onion for a couple minutes
- Now add the paprika, chilli flakes, lime juice and fresh coriander to cook for a further couple minutes
- Drain the potties and run under a cold tap for a minute or so until they have cooled down before placing back in the pot you boiled them in
- Mash the potatoes and then add the spice mixture, precooked quinoa and and pinch of salt & pepper and mix thoroughly
- Now shape into cakes (roughly 6 large ones) and place onto a baking tray.
- Finally drizzle over olive oil and place in the oven for 40 minutes making sure to turn them at the half way mark
- Optional dip: simply add all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix
Creating these Spicy Potato Cakes? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!