Are you ready for an easy air fryer salmon recipe with the best salmon marinade? This air fried salmon is a super easy recipe and has only 5 ingredients! It is a quick dinner that takes just minutes to prep and has a short cook time of under 10 minutes! It is covered in an Asian salmon marinade that will have your taste buds begging for more.
Recipe Difficulty – Easy
Why this Recipe Works
This salmon air fryer recipe is the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight! You can make an easy salmon marinade in minutes, start making a side dish while it marinates, and then throw it in the air fryer! Finish up your side while the salmon cooks and you are good to go! The simple ingredients are easily found at your local grocery store.
Another win for this easy weeknight meal is that it is gluten-free and low carb! Who knew you could make an Asian salmon marinade soy sauce free? It is so flavourful and the air fryer really makes the perfect orange salmon with the best texture! When it comes to cooking salmon, there are a lot of different ways to do it, but an air fryer results will get you a five-star rating from friends!
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Salmon
- Orange – You’ll need both the juice and the zest from an orange.
- Tamari – is very similar to soy sauce. It is a little thicker and has the benefit of being vegan and gluten-free. If you have any spare try making my Miso Aubergine (Nasu Dengaku) recipe.
- Ginger paste – is blended ginger, sometimes with oil or water added.
- Garlic – You’ll need one clove of garlic crushed up for the salmon marinade recipe.
- Salmon Fillets – should look moist and not have any brown spots.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Orange – could be replaced with lemon juice and zest.
- Tamari – could be replaced with soy sauce, but make sure it is gluten-free if you have that need.
- Ginger Paste – If you don’t have ginger paste, you could use minced, grated, or ground ginger.
- Seasonings – If you are feeling brave, you can experiment with some other basic seasonings like onion powder or garlic powder.
- Spicy – Mixing some red pepper flakes or chili powder into the marinade would be a great option for a spicy kick.
- Deluxe – This air fry salmon already tastes deluxe, but you can level up the presentation by sprinkling some green onions, parsley, or dill on top of the filets. You could also serve alongside some lemon slices.
- Kid friendly – To make this recipe a little sweeter for younger taste buds, add brown sugar or pure maple syrup to the marinade.
How to make Air Fryer Salmon
Step 1: Firstly, combine all of the salmon marinade ingredients into the airtight container.
Step 2: Put the lid on and shake until the outside of the salmon is covered in marinade. Allow it to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but the longer the better!
Step 3: When finished, place the marinated salmon in air fryer and cook for 8 minutes at 205 C/ 400 degrees F
Hint: For less mess, put parchment paper or aluminum foil in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Leftover salmon can be stored in an air-tight container for 3-4 days. To reheat it, simply throw it back in the air fryer. It is recommended to reheat slowly at a low temperature.
The air fryer definitely takes less time than the oven! Your salmon will be ready in 7-9 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. It is important to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Stick your instant read thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon. It should be ready when it reaches 63 C/ 145 F.
Yes, Salmon can be cooked from a frozen state. If you are planning to marinate it, I would recommend thawing it first so that the marinade will better soak into the fish.
You should not wash salmon before marinating it as it can turn your kitchen into a germ’s play place. You may want to pat it dry with a paper towel before marinating it.
You don’t! If you are having trouble with your salmon sticking, you could spray the bottom of the tray. Make sure to use an oil with a high smoke point like extra light olive oil or avocado oil.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Easy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 air tight container and lid
- 1 Air fryer
- 1/2 juice orange
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 500 g salmon fillet (x2 salmon fillets)
- Firstly, in an air tight container add the orange juice, orange zest, tamari, ginger paste and crushed garlic and then add the salmon fillets
- Then, add the lid to the container and shake to ensure all the marinade coats the salmon fillets. Marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, place in the air fryer and cook at 205C / 400F for 8 minutes
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate