Roast potatoes are one of my absolute favourite parts of a roast!
I really like mine infused with rosemary as it adds so much flavour but if you don’t like it you could always swap for Thyme.
People often wonder how to get them just right without using lots of duck fat or beef drippings. Well the key is to get them crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
This recipe helps you achieve that with only using a few simple ingredients.
This process is really simple and perfect for showing off your homemade roast potato skills with your family and friends!
If you try these Rosemary Infused Roast Potatoes let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! GET MORE HEALTHY RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX WEEKLY– SUBSCRIBE HERE + RECEIVE A FREE 15 RECIPE EBOOK!
Rosemary Infused Roast Potatoes
- 2 kg maris piper potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary optional
- Salt & Pepper
- Turn on your oven to 200C, add a couple glugs of olive oil into a baking dish and place in the oven to heat up
- Place a large pot with water on a boil and add 3 large pinches of salt
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes and slice in half at an angle
- Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes along with 3 springs of fresh rosemary and boil for 10-12 minutes or until your knife can slide through them but with a little resistance
- Drain the potatoes, removing just the rosemary stems (keep as many of the leaves as possible as they stick into the potatoes when cooking) and place the potatoes back into the pot you boiled them in, place the lid on and give them a couple firm shakes. This helps to break them up and to get nice and crunchy
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, place the potatoes inside (you should hear them sizzling from the hot oil/dish).
- Drizzle over a good few glugs of olive oil across the potatoes making sure each is covered evenly, along with a good few pinches of salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven, turn the potatoes so they cook evenly and place back in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven once again, add 4 or 5 springs of fresh rosemary and place back in the oven again for a further 5-10 minutes or until your desired consistency
Fancy a Christmas Christmas nut roast to go with these then check out mine!