This Christmas Nut Roast is very simple to make, gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and absolutely packed full of flavour!
It’s the perfect Christmas main event dish. Or even as a side instead of stuffing.
It’s the perfect Christmas recipe if you’re gluten free, vegan or hosting someone who is.
As you can see it holds together perfectly without the need for any eggs or gluten.
And don’t worry I have the perfect Mushroom Gravy to accompany this Nut Roast! Make sure to give it a try as they work so well together.
If you try this Christmas Nut Roast let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
It’s so comforting and the perfect nut roast to share with family/friends this Christmas!
P.S I have created a special page for Christmas which will include my new recipes leading up to Christmas plus previous recipes that will be perfect for the Christmas period! Also make sure you subscribe to my blog for a special Christmas newsletter that will contain every recipe in one place to help you this Christmas!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
I donated this recipe to Bowel Cancer Research to help them raise awareness this Christmas. Having lost close family and friends to Bowel Cancer I would love your support. You can donate here if you would like to support them.
Christmas Nut Roast
- 180 g roasted chestnuts vacuum packed such as merchant gourmet
- 150 g walnuts
- 100 g cashews
- 100 g dried apricots sliced in to halves
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 large parsnip grated
- 2 large sprigs rosemary finely chopped
- 3 sage leaves optional
- Small handful fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2-3 sage leaves finely chopped
- 3/4 cup gf flour 130g
- 1/2 cup water 135ml
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 200C
- Add the chestnuts, walnuts, cashews and apricots to a food processor and blend into crumbs (roughly 1 minute)
- In a large mixing bowl add the finely chopped red onion, crushed garlic, chia seeds, grated carrot, grated parsnip, finely chopped herbs, large pinch of salt and pepper and toss with your hands
- Now add the nut mixture into the mixing bowl and toss again with your hands without pressing it together
- Now add the flour and toss again without pressing together
- Add the water and start pressing it together until fully combined
- Allow this to sit for 10 minutes
- Line a bread baking tin with baking paper and grease with olive oil or coconut oil
- Place 2 or 3 sage leave in the bottom of the tin before pushing all the mix into the tin
- Place in the oven for 45 mins at 200C (ovens vary on timings so keep an eye on it)
- Remove from the oven and take out of the tin and allow it to rest for 10 minutes (this is important to help it firm up and slice better)
- Use a very sharp knife when slicing