Introducing this incredibly easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce Baked Salmon!
This is the perfect recipe to share over the Christmas holidays.
It only contains 3 simple ingredients meaning it’s super easy to make perfect on those hectic Christmas days.
Serve this up in the middle of the table and it will totally impress your family/friends! Bringing so much colour and flavour.
It will definitely be making an appearance on our Christmas table this year.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS BAKED SALMON:
- Extremely tasty
- 3 Ingredients
- Family friendly
- Gluten & Refined Sugar Free
Using these 3 simple ingredients.
First of all, this homemade cranberry sauce is actually refined sugar free unlike most recipes or shop bought sauces out there.
Also it’s super easy to make with just fresh cranberries, maple syrup, water and salt. That’s it!!
Due to Christmas day being super crazy here’s a great tip for saving time on the day.
TIP: to speed up the process on Christmas day you could make the cranberry sauce the day before, store in the fridge and simply top the salmon and bake on the day.
Because cranberries on their own are extremely bitter, I have naturally sweetened these with maple syrup which means no refined white sugar.
As a result the sweet and bitter mixture works so well on top of salmon and brings some colour to the Christmas table.
You can always add other veggies to the baking tray when making the salmon to reduce the amount of dishes going in the oven.
If you’re like me my oven runs out of space on Christmas day very quickly!
Above all, the best part about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make.
20 minutes in the oven and you can serve it straight to the table, with minimum fuss!
FINALLY IF YOU TRY THIS CRANBERRY SAUCE BAKED SALMON LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Cranberry Sauce Baked Salmon
- 1 kg side of Salmon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (225g)
- ½ cup maple syrup (could use honey)
- ½ cup water
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Now make the cranberry sauce by adding 2 cups (225g) fresh cranberries to a pot on a medium heat along with the ½ cup of maple syrup, ½ cup water and a pinch of salt
- Simmer until the cranberries are soft (3-5 minutes), then press with a fork until roughly mashed. Simmer the sauce until desired consistency (further 5 minutes)
- Meanwhile place your salmon fillet onto a baking tray
- Top with the cranberry sauce until completely covered
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C
- Optional: add rosemary and brussel sprouts to bake with the salmon