Introducing the easiest gluten free & vegan Lentil Wellington on the internet!
Firstly, this super tasty Lentil Wellington is the perfect Christmas dinner main dish to share.
Whether you’re vegan, hosting a vegan or fancy trying something different this year, trust me this is THE ONE!
Certainly one of those recipes that will totally impress your guests!
Most importantly this recipe has zero faffing around, it’s simple to make with accessible ingredients that won’t take up your whole day!
What you’re going to love about this Lentil Wellington:
- Super easy
- Perfect for sharing
- Gluten free & Vegan
Here are the ingredients for the simple lentil stuffing:
Because we’re all tight for time on Christmas day, to speed up the recipe I use the Jus-Rol gluten free & vegan puff pastry sheets!
(This is NOT a sponsored recipe)
Almost all good supermarkets stock these now which just take the pressure of making your own pastry around Christmas which is already busy enough.
For that reason, this lentil stuffing is packed full of flavour with minimal effort to prepare.
Therefore, I wanted to make a delicious vegan wellington stuffing but that was super quick/easy to make with no blending required.
Here is a step by step process of how to put this homemade gluten free & vegan Wellington together.
With just 20 minutes in the oven is comes out all crispy and smelling incredible.
You would never think this is both gluten free & vegan!
Furthermore this is PERFECT to serve up to family/friends over the Christmas period.
Consequently you will definitely be the star of the show serving this up to the table.
Most noteworthy is the crunch from the gluten free pastry!
Combined with the rich flavours of the lentil stuffing is just incredible.
I bet you’re already drooling and wishing it was Christmas day…
Finally, try serving it up with any of these recipes from my blog for the perfect Christmas dinner:
IF YOU TRY THIS EASY LENTIL WELLINGTON LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Easy Lentil Wellington
- 2 sheets gluten free puff pastry (I use Jus-Rol pictured above)
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 150 g pre-cooked chestnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2x 400 g cans of pre-cooked lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp gluten free & vegan gravy granules/powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- large sprig rosemary finely chopped
- large sprig thyme finely chopped
- olive oil
- Firstly pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Now to a large pan, add a drizzle of olive oil, 200g chopped mushroom, 150g chopped chestnuts and 2 tbsp Tamari and cook together for a few minutes until the mushrooms soften and brown off
- Now add the drained lentils (make sure no excess liquid), 2 crushed garlic, 2 tbsp gravy powder, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tsp dijon mustard, large sprig of rosemary and thyme finely chopped and mix
- Cook together for a couple minutes, then take off the heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile place your first pastry sheet onto a baking tray then spoon on the lentil mix making sure to not go right to the edges, give it some height I aim for 2 inches and keep it compact
- Once the shape is formed (see the step by step photo in the photos above) place the next pastry sheet on top and press tightly round the edges
- Cut off any excess pastry (save for shapes) then press round the edges with a fork before slicing a few lines into the top to release steam, now lightly glaze the top with olive oil
- Place in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes until lightly golden, allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing (make sure to cut carefully with a shape knife)