A gluten free and vegan Mushroom Gravy that is the perfect alternative to share at your Christmas roast this year.
Deep in colour and flavour it looks just like a beef gravy.
It is so simple to make and is absolutely packed full of flavour! Give it a try this Christmas.
P.S I have created a special page for Christmas 2018 which will include my recipes perfect for the Christmas period!
If you try this Vegan Mushroom Gravy let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 375 g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Large handful fresh thyme
- 500 ml veg stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Salt & pepper
- Finely dice the onion, slice the mushrooms and finely chop the herbs
- Heat a small pot on a medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic along with a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for a minute or so
- Now add the mushrooms and fresh herbs and cook for a couple minutes until the mushrooms have softened down making sure to stir regularly
- Add the stock, tamari and cacao powder and mix together
- Add the flour and whisk in to stop any clumps
- Reduce the heat to a simmer for roughly 5-10 minutes (to your desired consistency)
- If you wish to have your gravy smooth then simply strain it
This Mushroom Gravy goes amazingly well with my new Christmas Nut Roast