This Creamy Vegan Mushroom & Sage Risotto is extremely simple to make with very few ingredients and the perfect comforting dinner night in or to share with family/friends for a dinner party.
It is absolutely packed full of flavour and I think it will really impress anyone that can have a “normal” risotto with dairy!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom & Sage Risotto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms roughly chopped
- 140 g frozen peas roughly 1 cup
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 litre veg stock
- Coconut fat use all the thick cream at the top of coconut milk can
- 350 g risotto rice (I use Arborio)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Prep the red onion and crushed garlic
- Heat a pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, red onion and a pinch of pepper and fry for a minute or two
- Meanwhile roughly chop the mushrooms and prepare the stock
- Add the mushrooms and frozen peas to the pan along with the dried sage and cook down for a couple minutes until the mushrooms have softened
- Now add the veg stock, coconut fat and rice and stir until combined
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer placing the lid on the pan for 25 mins making sure to stir every 10 mins
- Finally for an optional extra try stirring through 2 tbsp nutritional yeast at the end before serving for a cheesy taste!
Looking for another comforting dinner, then try my Black Bean Chilli
Creating this mushroom risotto? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!