This colourful root veg side dish is really quick and simple to prepare. It will add some serious colour to your table this Christmas.
You can always get creative and add anything you wish to it.
If you try this Colourful Roasted Root Veg let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Colourful Roasted Root Veg
- 8-10 carrots I use thin and multi coloured ones if using thicker carrots then slice into quarters
- 4-5 parsnips sliced into quarters
- 3-4 small beetroot scrubbed and sliced into halves
- 1 large red onion sliced into quarters
- 1 large bulb of garlic sliced down the middle or just add a handful of cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh thyme and rosemary to serve optional
- Place your oven on 200C to heat up, drizzle 2-3 tbsp olive oil into your oven dish and place in the oven
- Meanwhile prep the veg as instructed above
- Once the oven is up to temperature remove the oven dish and place all the veg into the tray along with a few glugs of olive oil and a couple generous pinches of salt and pepper
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes before roughly turning the veg and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Simply top with fresh rosemary and thyme and an extra pinch of salt before serving
Try my “Rosemary Infused Roast Potatoes” to go with these root veg!