This Roasted Root Vegetables recipe is absolutely amazing and so incredibly healthy! It is naturally gluten-free and vegan. On top of that, these root vegetables couldn’t be easier to make! They bring a nice vibrance to the dinner table for holiday season.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
One of my favourite parts of fall and winter is the food! Root vegetables are in their peak season and perfect for some nice roasted vegetable recipes. It’s great for any day of the week, but some Christmas Roast Vegetables are a way to add some serious colour to your Christmas dinner table!
These baked root vegetables are simple, healthy, and so delicious! Another great thing about this baked veggies recipe is that it is so easy to adjust! You can always get creative and add anything you wish to it.
If you love roasted veg then do try my Sausage Tray Bake.
Ingredients to make Roasted Root Vegetables
- Multi Coloured Carrots – I use thin carrots, but if using thicker carrots, slice into quarters.
- Parsnips – should be quartered.
- Sweet Potato – needs to be sliced into wedges.
- Beetroot – Be sure to wash them first and then slice into halves.
- Garlic – Take one large bulb and slice it down the middle.
- Fresh Rosemary – will be chopped and placed on top.
- Olive Oil – gives a great flavour to the vegetables and crisps them up nicely.
- Salt and Pepper – are the royalty of the kitchen, bringing out the flavour of each vegetable perfectly.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Vegetables – This is an incredibly versatile recipe. If you have veg you want to add, remove, or replace, it is super easy to do!
- Fresh Rosemary – If you have a different preferred herb or seasoning, try it out. If you don’t have fresh herbs, you could also use dried herbs.
- Olive Oil – Any oil with a high smoke point will work great.
- Spicy – If you prefer a spicier side, toss vegetables with olive oil and some cumin and paprika before laying them out on the roasting tray.
- Deluxe – If you’d like to make a gourmet gratin platter, top with some vegan cheese and broil for the last couple of minutes. Serve alongside a bowl of fresh salad or my Hasselback Potatoes.
- Kid friendly – Adjust the veg to your kids’ liking. For instance, if you’ve got a carrot fan in the house, you may want to make more carrots! Another way to make it more kid-friendly is to swap the rosemary and salt for some maple syrup. Mix it with the olive oil and toss the vegetables in it for some sweeter veggies.
See this Stuffed Butternut Squash version of this recipe on my website!
How to make Roasted Root Vegetables
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200C. Prepare the veg as instructed in the ingredients.
Step 2: Place the chopped veg onto a large roasting tray. Drizzle olive oil over the veg along with a few generous pinches of salt and chopped rosemary.
Step 3: Bake for 30 minutes. Roughly turn the veg and bake for 10 more minutes.
Hint: Ovens can differ quite a lot from each other. Always keep an eye on them. The time may be slightly different for you.
Store leftover vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat them in the oven or a pan.
If you’re wondering how to roast vegetables in oven, you’ve come to the right place! It’s super simple to do! Prep your vegetables, season them, and bake them!
One of my favourite roast vegetable combos is a collection of root vegetables. I love combining carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, beetroot, onion, and garlic. I top it with oil, rosemary, and salt for a delicious side!
I think the tastiest and easiest method is to bake them in the oven! Chop them up and lay them on a sheet pan. Top with oil and herbs before baking.
Absolutely! Prep the vegetables and then cook at around 200C for 20 minutes or so.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Roasted Root Vegetables recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 8 multi coloured carrots I use thin carrots but if using thicker carrots then slice into quarters
- 4 parsnips sliced into quarters
- 1 medium sweet potato sliced into wedges
- 3 small beetroot washed and sliced into halves
- 1 large red onion sliced into quarters
- 1 large bulb of garlic sliced down the middle
- 1 handful Fresh rosemary chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Now prepare the veg as instructed above.
- Place all the chopped veg onto a large roasting tray. Drizzle olive oil over the veg along with a few generous pinches of salt, pinch of pepper and the chopped rosemary.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes before roughly turning the veg and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate