The simplest recipe you’ll come across, but with the biggest impact in taste! This Rosemary Salt will seriously take your meals to the next level! It’s insanely easy to make, super affordable and uses ingredients you’ll probably already have at home or in the garden!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
I can’t tell you how much having this garlicky rosemary lemon salt in the kitchen has upped the flavours in my cooking! It really is such a quick and easy win! The subtle flavours of both lemon, rosemary and garlic compliment almost any recipe and you’ll find you’ll be lost without it once you’ve used it all up!
The best thing about this simple lemon salt, is that it can be added to almost any recipe! I was inspired to create this Rosemary Salt, whilst creating my Homemade Air Fryer Chip recipe! Adding the lemon salt was the perfect way to really boost the flavours and take the chips to the next level! You could also try adding it to soups and stews like my Hearty Potato Stew or Rosemary Roast Potatoes or even my Herb Salted Hasselback Potatoes.
Ingredients to make Rosemary Salt
- Salt – the main ingredient for this Rosemary and Lemon Salt! I’ve used sea salt for this recipe.
- Rosemary – this brings freshness and a herby flavour.
- Garlic Granules – this adds a garlic flavour, which adds depth to the flavour and a slight hint of acidity to the Lemon Salt.
- Lemon – the citrus flavours of the lemon zest really give an uplifting taste! Lemon is a secret hero ingredient in many of my recipes!
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Rosemary – If you don’t have access to Rosemary, you could substitute this for Thyme which is a similar herb in terms of flavours.
- Lemon – You could use lime instead, but equally if you wanted to avoid using a citrus flavour then you can leave it out.
- Salt – I have used standard sea salt but likewise you could other salts such as Pink Himalayan Salt as well.
- Deluxe – This garlic salt is next level and will really improve the flavours in any dish. The best thing about this lemon salt is how versatile it is, for example you could add or substitute other ingredients and create other flavoured salt such as smokey chilli salt or seaweed salt which are all equally as delicious!
- Spicy – If you wanted to add some heat to this garlic salt, you could add some spicy ingredients e.g. dried chilli flakes or chopped jalapeños!
How to make Rosemary Salt
Step 1: Firstly, zest the lemon and finely chop the rosemary
Step 2: Then add the lemon zest, rosemary and garlic granules to the sea salt and mix until well combined
The best thing about this salt is its shelf life. I leave this flavoured salt in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 weeks at a time (although it is normally all gone by then!)
Pretty much any dish you make! I personally love to sprinkle this Rosemary Salt over my Air Fryer Chips, but you could add it to soups/stews and even bread with olive oil!
Yes, they are quite similar. Garlic powder is just finer than garlic granules but will still work well.
Store your rosemary salt in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks at a time! The longer you leave it, the more enhanced the flavours will be.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Rosemary Salt recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
- Chopping Board
- sharp knife
- small mixing bowl
- 75 g sea salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 lemon zest
- Firstly, zest the lemon and finely chop the rosemary
- Add the lemon zest, rosemary, garlic granules and sea salt to a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate