Introducing the tastiest Salmon Pie, with under 15 minutes prep it’s ready in only 45 minutes! This Salmon Pie is incredibly easy to make as well as versatile. It’s also Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free.
Recipe Difficulty – Easy
Why this recipe works
Because this salmon pie is gluten and dairy free, it is perfect for households with multiple allergies or for hosting dinner parties. And it is made using ingredients you’ll have lying around in the fridge/cupboards.
It’s so easy and tasty, this fish pie with salmon will definitely become a family favourite recipe you will make weekly.
This salmon and potato pie recipe is totally versatile, so if you don’t have all the veg I show, then be creative and swap for what you do have!
Most noteworthy, this salmon fish pie recipe has minimal fuss and you will have it in the oven within 15 minutes, ready for baking.
If you fancy a fish based pasta bake instead then try my Tuna Pasta Bake.
Ingredients to make Salmon Pie
- Potatoes – I use white potatoes for this recipe.
- Garlic Cloves – are optional, but recommended. They should be crushed for this recipe.
- Salmon Fillets – are the main ingredient in this potato pie recipe.
- Celery – should be chopped finely.
- Carrot – should also be chopped finely.
- Peas – I like to use frozen peas to add extra greens.
- Vegan Cheese – to add a “cheesiness” to this fish pie.
- Lemon – You’ll need both the juice and the zest from half a lemon.
- Spinach – is optional in this recipe.
- Fresh Parsley – should be chopped and adds a great flavour.
- Olive Oil – is used in mashing potatoes.
- Salt & Pepper – is also used in the mashed potatoes.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- White Potatoes – You can use other potatoes, sweet potatoes, or parsnips.
- Garlic Cloves – can be replaced with minced garlic.
- Salmon Fillets – are my fish of choice, but you can use a different fish such as cod without needing to change anything else in the recipe.
- Vegetables – Feel free to swap out the vegetables with whatever you have on hand.
- Vegan Cheese – If you don’t need this to be dairy-free, feel free to use regular grated cheese.
- Spicy – Try adding hot harissa, chopped chilli pepper, or cumin to make a spicy salmon pie.
- Deluxe – Sprinkle some fresh chopped herbs on top and serve with a yummy sauce.
- Kid friendly – Make this along with your kids! They may love to dig their hands into the mix. Use their favourite vegetables to make it more kid-friendly.
See these Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes for a spicy salmon recipe!
How to make Salmon Pie
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 200C.Roughly chop your potatoes and boil for 12 minutes – no need to peel them.
Step 2: While your potatoes boil, de-skin your salmon, cube it, and place into your baking dish. Add crushed garlic, chopped celery stalks, carrot, peas, vegan cheese, lemon zest and juice, fresh parsley, and spinach into the baking dish.
Step 3: Quickly mix with your hands.
Step 4: Drain and mash the boiled potatoes.
Step 5: Top the pie ingredients with the mash and roughly spread around the top with a fork, making sure to press in the sides. Bake for 30 minutes at 200C.
Hint: I like to use olive oil, a splash of almond milk, salt, and pepper to mash my potatoes.
Allow to cool and store in the fridge in a covered container for 1-2 days.
You can also freeze this for another day. Cook from frozen for 20-30 minutes (make sure it’s hot throughout) or defrost and microwave if you prefer.
I keep the skin on my potatoes when boiling because it speeds up the recipe, reduces food waste, and contains nutrients.
Yes! Store for up to 3 months in an airtight container. To reheat, cook from frozen for 20-30 minutes (make sure it’s hot throughout) or defrost and microwave if you prefer.
I make my salmon pie with a mashed potato topping rather than a puff pastry crust. It is delicious, healthy, and gluten-free! It colours and crisps up wonderfully in the oven.
I like to make fork marks in the mash with raised edges that catch in the oven and turn crunchy. It looks and tastes delicious!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Salmon Pie recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed (optional)
- 2 large salmon fillets
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup peas (150g)
- handful vegan cheese grated
- ½ juice lemon
- ½ zest lemon
- handful spinach (optional)
- handful fresh parsely chopped
- drizzle olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Roughly chop your potatoes and boil for 12 minutes (no need to peel them)
- Meanwhile de-skin your salmon and chop into cubes. Now to the baking dish add your chopped salmon, crushed garlic cloves, celery stalks, carrot, 1 cup peas, handful vegan cheese, zest and juice of ½ a lemon, handful fresh parsley and spinach
- Quickly mix with your hands
- Now mash your potatoes (I like to use olive oil and a splash of almond milk, salt & pepper)
- Simply top the pie ingredients with the mash and roughly spread around the top with a fork (make sure to press in the sides). Bake for 30 minutes at 200C
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate