Introducing the tastiest Simple Salmon Pie ready in 45 minutes!
The name says it all… This Salmon Pie is incredibly easy to make using ingredients you’ll have lying around in the fridge/cupboards.
And it’s also Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free which is perfect for households with multiple allergies or for hosting dinner parties.
Because it’s so easy and tasty it will definitely become a family favourite recipe you will make weekly.
This recipe is totally versatile so if you don’t have all the veg I show then be creative and swap for what you do have!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS SIMPLE SALMON PIE:
Gluten and Dairy-Free
Using these simple ingredients:
So, I keep the skin on my potatoes when boiling, here’s a few reasons why:
- Speeds up the recipe
- Reduces food waste
- Contains nutrients
Did you know that potatoes are the number 1 most wasted food in the UK.
As a result, 4.4 million whole potatoes thrown away each day in the U.K!
If you don’t have white potatoes for this pie, you could always swap for sweet potatoes or parsnips which I used in my Parsnip Mash Lentil Pie if you need some inspiration.
You can make a creamy dairy-free mash potato perfect for topping pies with just a few ingredients.
- olive oil
- dairy-free milk (I use almond)
- vegan butter (optional)
- salt & pepper
Most noteworthy, this salmon pie mix has minimal fuss and will have it in the oven within 15 minutes ready for baking.
While the potatoes are boiling, simply chop your salmon, vegetables of choice and add them into the baking dish.
Then get stuck in with your hands and mix this salmon fish pie mix together.
And if you have kids, let them do this stage! It get’s them involved in the process.
Fancy a more traditional fish pie? Check out my Delicious Dairy-Free Fish Pie out!
SO IF YOU TRY THIS SIMPLE SALMON PIE LET ME KNOW!
Just look how tasty that looks straight out the oven.
And with just 15 minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the oven this Salmon Pie will become a new family favourite recipe.
Allow to cool once cooked and store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
You can also freeze this for another day. Cook from frozen for 20-30 minutes (make sure it’s hot throughout) or defrost and microwave if you prefer.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed (optional)
- 2 large salmon fillets
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup peas (150g)
- handful vegan cheese grated
- ½ juice lemon
- ½ zest lemon
- handful spinach (optional)
- handful fresh parsely chopped
- drizzle olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Roughly chop your potatoes and boil for 12 minutes (no need to peel them)
- Meanwhile de-skin your salmon and chop into cubes and place straight into your baking dish
- Now to the baking dish add your chopped celery stalks, carrot, 1 cup peas, handful vegan cheese, zest and juice of ½ a lemon, handful fresh parsley and spinach
- Quickly mix with your hands
- Now mash your potatoes (I like to use olive oil and a splash of almond milk, salt & pepper)
- Simply top the pie ingredients with the mash and roughly spread around the top with a fork (make sure to press in the sides)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200C