A delicious super easy Dairy Free Fish Pie that is incredibly comforting and the perfect autumn or winter dinner to share with family and friends or even for a quiet cosy night in.
This fish pie is amazingly creamy and packs so much flavour you won’t even believe it’s free-from dairy and gluten.
It’s a recipe that my parents have been making me for years and it’s one of my absolute favourites.
You’re going to absolutely love this fish pie, it’s:
- Incredibly easy
- Loaded with veggies
- Dairy & Gluten free
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty homemade fish pie.
The great thing about this fish pie is that it’s really versatile meaning you can swap to use any fish you like.
Using prawns and salmon can increase the price over other fish so swap for different if you wish.
It couldn’t be simpler to make. All you need to do is prepare all the fish and veg and chuck it into a baking dish, mix and top with mashed potato and place it in the oven, that’s it!
You could always swap the white potato mash for sweet potato or other veg such as butternut squash, parsnip or pumpkin etc.
If you try this Dairy Free Fish Pie let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
This comforting creamy fish pie is dairy free and naturally gluten free and egg free. Perfect for those who suffer with multiple food allergies or those looking for healthier options.
I eat the leftovers the next day and the flavour comes through even more! I don’t recommend freezing this recipe but reheating for lunch/dinner the next day is fine.
If reheating make sure to use raw prawns as you shouldn’t reheat them twice!
I love to serve mine with a simple crunchy fresh side salad but it will easily feed 4-5 people on it’s own.
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Give it a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe.
Dairy Free Fish Pie
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 red chilli deseeded and sliced
- 1 lemon
- Handful spinach
- Small handful fresh dill chopped
- Large handful fresh parsley chopped
- 200 g vegan cheese grated
- 250 g skinned salmon chopped into cubes
- 250 g skinned cod chopped into cubes
- 180 g raw prawns
- 1.2 kg of potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Chop the potatoes into cubes and boil for 15 mins until soft. I leave the skin on to speed up the process
- Meanwhile prepare the fish pie ingredients. To a large baking dish add the garlic, celery, carrot, peas, chilli, spinach, dill, parsley, vegan cheese, salmon, cod, prawns with the juice of 1 lemon and a drizzle of olive oil and mix with your hands
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain and add 1/4 cup olive oil and mash. You can use vegan butter or milk if you prefer
- Simply place the mash on top of the fish pie mixture and place in the oven at 200C for 35-40 mins until golden brown
Fancy another fish recipe? Try my Healthy Fish & Chips